Skip to content

Pitch inspection

South shields youth for tonight's game

Comments

• Overnight rain in Birkenhead tomorrow may make a pitch inspection a possibility on Sunday morning (very early!).
    Wonder if @tranman has any thoughts on that possibility?

• There was talk of that last week but pitch looked fine. It would take biblical floods for the mersey to flood the Wirral. Donald and Boris are doing their best!

• The hundred tons of crushed concrete under the pitch at Prenton Park ensure phenomenal drainage. I’d forgotten that.

• Been up here since Friday, there hasn't been heavy rain. Fair chance from the forecast it'll rain all night and throughout the game but nothing torrential hopefully.

• @micra said:
    The hundred tons of crushed concrete under the pitch at Prenton Park ensure phenomenal drainage. I’d forgotten that.

Isn't that Rotherham? Tranmere have already had one game rained off this season.

• Would be a real arse to see this one off!

• @Malone said:
    Would be a real arse to see this one off!

Not likely I don't think, good chance it's bloody freezing though

• Having been up here since just after breakfast I can confirm it's very mild and there's been very little rain

• Two points. Yes @chairboyscentral I’m pretty sure you’re right.
    I wouldn’t describe 7 degrees Celsius as very mild @eric_plant but at least it’s 3 or 4 degrees higher than in the chair metropolis.
    I don’t foresee any problems weatherwise tomorrow. And I hope they don’t become famous last words!

• All good still

• @eric_plant said:
    Having been up here on the piss since just after breakfast I can confirm it's very mild and there's been very little rain

Refreshing honesty