Skip to content

Sunday's game

2»

Comments

• If it's any consolation, MK lose in the last minute of added time. Guess they're used to that, though.

• Rochdale have to be a decent bet for that club who make a late dash for relegation.

I don't remember seeing them not lose since their United cup game .

• edited November 2019

They've won three, lost four since then. They'll probably be in the scrap, but there are worse sides. Southend are one of the worst sides at this level ever and Bolton won't do enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with about six teams battling to avoid the final spot.

• I must have only noticed their defeats! Maybe because they never seem to do us a favour.

• I think Bolton may just do enough to get out of it so still places up for grabs

• That was a critical win for them today, or they'd have allowed MK to be 15 points ahead, instead of now, 12.

They've played 3 less than the 4 teams ahead of them, so maybe they still have a little bit of a chance

• edited November 2019

They've likely got further points deductions to come, remember. You probably need about 45 points to stay in this division this season, but let's assume they get another 6 deducted for the two unfulfilled fixtures. 51 points from 30 games = 1.7 PPG (i.e. play-off form).

• @chairboyscentral said:
    They've likely got further points deductions to come, remember.

Rescind my ting.

• Your tingaling?

• Well received by the 2 people in that stand.

But no, he must be the guy the Cov fan at works rates as being their best player since James Maddison.

• I know Bolton 's new owners have budgetted for relegation so anything else would be gravy for them. Southend need a momentous post Xmas push I think.

• edited November 2019

Southend are on course for 12 points and to concede 124 goals. I'd still be quite surprised if they do that badly, but the odds on 20+ points and fewer than 100 goals against can't be great.

• @Malone said:
    Well received by the 2 people in that stand.

But no, he must be the guy the Cov fan at works rates as being their best player since James Maddison.

He's on loan from Bristol City so hopefully goes back before the second time we play Cov.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Malone said:
    Well received by the 2 people in that stand.

He's on loan from Bristol City so hopefully goes back before the second time we play Cov.

Must be someone else then. I should have paid attention to that tiny detail!

• He'd often score goals like that as a kid. My dad picked up when he was 5 for Everton.