Skip to content

What's happened to Grimmer?

2»

Comments

• Interesting @NorsQuarters. Only just seen your post. I had him down as a leading contender for MoM in the first half.
    He struggled in the second half, possibly as a result of being knackered in the wake of illness but I thought at the time that it was the introduction of Blacket-Taylor and the defensive strategy, protecting our lead (and how brilliantly they did it!).

• @micra said:
    Interesting @NorsQuarters. Only just seen your post. I had him down as a leading contender for MoM in the first half.
    He struggled in the second half, possibly as a result of being knackered in the wake of illness but I thought at the time that it was the introduction of Blacket-Taylor and the defensive strategy, protecting our lead (and how brilliantly they did it!).

If Jack did "struggle", it was more like him taking care not to commit another foul after being booked early in the second half. Tranmere brought on pace down the flanks to attack our full backs with that hope in mind.

• Yes, I was surprised he was not subbed as the risk of another yellow was very real!