Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks for posting that - hopefully his wishes come true and he leaves Wycombe a star reborn.

• Bang up-to-date interview (referring to his goal yesterday, I assume). Very thoughtful and articulate. Sounds like he’s aiming to move on in January although it won’t be back to Newcastle unless clubs are allowed to revise their squads at that stage of the season.

• @micra said:
    Bang up-to-date interview (referring to his goal yesterday, I assume). Very thoughtful and articulate. Sounds like he’s aiming to move on in January although it won’t be back to Newcastle unless clubs are allowed to revise their squads at that stage of the season.

They can change in January, but unless they sell or drop players from their squad then it's full.

Sounds like he's hoping to go back or move higher up in January, can't blame him for that considering he was a regular in the championship last season.

Let's enjoy him while we've got him, and hopw he's enjoying it so much that he wants to stay for a promotion push

• No lose for us - for him to achieve what he wants, he needs a big loan spell.
    Hopefully so good, it suits everyone for him to stay into 2020.

Like everything about the lad. Except his overuse of the word "obviously" when interviewed.

• edited November 2019

@Malone There is a potential 'lose' for us in the scenario that he does so well in the next 2 months that he is loaned to a championship side in Jan. However, we will at least have benefitted from his quality until then.

• Well yes, that could happen!
    Maybe he needs to just do quite well and not very well!

I'm surprised a guy with 20 Premier league appearances, who was in the championship last year, couldn't get a similar loan. But it's worked well for us!

• The championship loan window shut the same time as the premier league registration deadline. I fully expect he would have gone to a championship club if it was possible.

• edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not sure about Premier League, but he's quite clearly Championship quality.

• I think he will stay.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I didn't say he wasn't, I said I'm not sure. He might well be in time, yes.

• @fame_46 said:
    @chairboyscentral - not sure how you suggest he’s not PL quality. Take Sheffield United for example, very few additions over the summer and currently 6th in the PL.

What Rolando needs a manager who believes in him and a run of games. With the strength of the championship now, a top 10 player in that league is also going to be able to cut in the PL.

A top 10 player as in the best 10 players in the league yes. But he's got something to prove to say he's in the 10 best players in the league above just yet.

Without getting carried away, imagine he stays, helps us to "Promosh" and then comes back next year!

• I won’t accept that @malone! That’s the very definition of getting carried away!! (Go for it)