Skip to content

Ipswich tickets are 27 quid!!!!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• The trouble with that is there was nothing stopping anyone from buying the cheaper seats and then sitting in the middle anyway.

• True, but the middle tends to be more heavily packed out, and as we perform better, that'll be more so.

A few "sneakers" doesn't remove the extra profit from the rest.

• I'm sure Team Tango will be on sneaker-alert as soon as the two-tier pricing regime is restored

• I think "90 mins of blood and guts, wear-it-on-the-sleeve dramatics" is as far away from what I want from a game of football as I could possibly imagine.

• @peterparrotface you've clearly not been Wycombised yet then ;)

• This was a game i would love to have got to .
    But £27 a ticket is just too much .

Gutted , but just can't afford it .

• An Ipswich fan on another site claimed they were charged £27 for their game at Rochdale last Tuesday but i don't know if it was for seats or standing.

• Ticket prices for our visit to Rochdale were £22 in advance or £25 on the day.

• No away standing at Dale so looks like they may be doing reciprocal pricing

• Theyll get away with it this season as fans will see it as funding promotion. Should tbey do a sunderland/Portsmouth and stay down here they may have to drop their prices.

• The trouble is that, despite what @Frenchfry says about not being able to afford it, for fans going to away games the actual ticket price is only one component of the total cost of going to the game, so the marginal difference of a few quid in the ticket price isn't going to be close to being the deciding factor. I'll probably be going by train to the Ipswich game and the rail ticket is likely to be around £40. In that context, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me whether the match ticket is £23 or £27.

Football clubs know that away fans are more or less a captive market. Plus they are by definition bonkers - what rational person travels for several hours to freeze to death in Birkenhead watching 90 minutes of not terribly good football?

• Hope you are factoring in a hotel stay @OakwoodExile for when the last train back is cancelled due to floods/snow/pestilence

• @OakwoodExile said:
    The trouble is that, despite what @Frenchfry says about not being able to afford it, for fans going to away games the actual ticket price is only one component of the total cost of going to the game, so the marginal difference of a few quid in the ticket price isn't going to be close to being the deciding factor. I'll probably be going by train to the Ipswich game and the rail ticket is likely to be around £40. In that context, it doesn't make a lot of difference to me whether the match ticket is £23 or £27.

Football clubs know that away fans are more or less a captive market. Plus they are by definition bonkers - what rational person travels for several hours to freeze to death in Birkenhead watching 90 minutes of not terribly good football?

Agree with this, although credit to Tranmere for their admission prices on Saturday