Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

«1

Comments

  • Maybe time to schedule some reserve team games, I can’t help but feel lack of match sharpness has cost us in this competition.

  • Half joking on twitter earlier but maybe for the next game - a dead rubber v the franchise sandwiched between the two Tranmere games - we should actually suggest paying their expenses and hosting the game somewhere up north.
    With all the stats available these days I'd be interested to see how many leasing.com trophy games would have bigger crowds if they were played in Tesco's car parks with confused shoppers briefly stopping for a look.

    The suggestion that we field a fans 11 could work also.

  • Most important result for Wycombe tonight was Posh's defeat at Shrewsbury. 5 points clear of them now with a game in hand.

  • Poor game, unsurprisingly really with such rotation, and playing to a ground with 500 people rattling round it!

    I'm one of the few who saw the benefits in this cup, but I can still be comfortable we're out of it.

    Shame Parker didn't get his goal. He now knows he has the meaningless MK game, and maybe no other opening to a start for the foreseeable.

  • @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Most important result for Wycombe tonight was Posh's defeat at Shrewsbury. 5 points clear of them now with a game in hand.

    Yep. Shame about Ipswich, but superb little cushion we have there.

    Ipswich, Fleetwood and Sunderland still have a game in hand on us, but the latter two are 7 and 8 points behind.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • I suspect Ipswich will end up with another game in hand as their game at Blackpool next weekend will surely be postponed for call-ups.

  • @Malone said:
    Poor game, unsurprisingly really with such rotation, and playing to a ground with 500 people rattling round it!

    I'm one of the few who saw the benefits in this cup, but I can still be comfortable we're out of it.

    Shame Parker didn't get his goal. He now knows he has the meaningless MK game, and maybe no other opening to a start for the foreseeable.

    How was Parker? I'm never going to base a performance purely off the stats, but he looked strong in several respects - notably in the air.

  • That league table is looking very good right now.

  • @chairboyscentral said:

    @Malone said:
    Poor game, unsurprisingly really with such rotation, and playing to a ground with 500 people rattling round it!

    I'm one of the few who saw the benefits in this cup, but I can still be comfortable we're out of it.

    Shame Parker didn't get his goal. He now knows he has the meaningless MK game, and maybe no other opening to a start for the foreseeable.

    How was Parker? I'm never going to base a performance purely off the stats, but he looked strong in several respects - notably in the air.

    Won a few headers but touch looked really poor at times. When fred and Smyth are back, bearing in mind Samuel is fit again, i wonder if a loan spell for a month somewhere might be an idea, as he could easily drop out of the match day 18.

  • Won 14/21 according to SofaScore! But yeah, he needs to get into his rhythm. Maybe a loan spell wouldn't be such a bad idea.

  • Only problem being if you send someone out in January, you can't recall them.

  • He may have won the headers but the ball often fizzed forward to no one, part of a first touch issue as alluded to above.

    Bit of a pre season feel about tonight, interesting how we seemed to be ripped apart at the seams, see their second goal. We looked most like our league form after (a rollicking from GA at) half time, a bit disjointed perhaps (owing to the mass of changes?) and lacking that midfield engine and press we see most Saturdays.

    I guess our lease has run its course.

  • looking at the stats it looks fairly even apart from our apparent aerial dominance and winning of corners though the Fulham kids made over 100 more passes than we did

  • Hiding to nothing for anyone trying to stake their claim in the first team.

    Players like Pattison and Parker will have to be content with occasional sub appearances in the league.

  • Glad to only be disappointed by cup results at this stage of the season.

  • superb stuff - well done everyone

  • @chairboyscentral What was the attendance when we played West Ham U21s two seasons ago? I thought it was given as 500 (total) on the night but I could be wrong.

  • @Sherrinford I've honestly got no idea, but it's probably out there somewhere.

  • It's not a Wycombe thing almost every attendance announced in that competition is that club's lowest gate in decades, will only drop further as reputation erodes.

  • @Sherrinford said:
    @chairboyscentral What was the attendance when we played West Ham U21s two seasons ago? I thought it was given as 500 (total) on the night but I could be wrong.

    Given as 699 on Chairboys on the Net.

  • Would the attendances rise that much if the academy teams were taken back out if it?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • I'd go to games again, and I'm sure there's a few with the same opinion, but I don't think you'd see a drastic increase. I'm sure I remember the Jpt crowds being around 1000?

  • Dean Morgan was in the beechdean watching on last night. Believe he plays locally at Beaconsfield.

  • @Vincey said:
    Dean Morgan was in the beechdean watching on last night. Believe he plays locally at Beaconsfield.

    Was he offside and sulking?

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @drcongo said:

    @Vincey said:
    Dean Morgan was in the beechdean watching on last night. Believe he plays locally at Beaconsfield.

    Was he offside and sulking?

    Probably sulking because @micra wasn't around to hand out sweets!

  • I've seen him around at games a lot recently. Giving motivational speeches before games do we think?

  • how terrible that a former player still thinks enough of the club and his former team mates that he wants to turn up and support us

    What a dreadful attitude the bloke has got

    👍 👎 ( -1 )
  • Yes, he seems the supportive type doesn't he.

    Remember that tweet, was it at the play off final, where he was pointing out how out supported we were by the opposition?

  • I do. He simply tweeted a picture of our end and a picture of their end with no comment.

    He was there supporting Wycombe

    A load of morons on twitter made complete fools of themselves over it

Sign In or Register to comment.