Skip to content

Argyle fan in peace

Hey guys, hopefully you don't mind me posting on here but I'm just here to see what your general thoughts/predictions are for Argyle v Wycombe and give a brief overview from our perspective :)

My predictions for the game are a solid 2-0 win at Home Park for argyle but Wycombe coming back and winning a close game 2-1 at your place. Argyle are usually very solid at home, and will probably be playing in front of a massive crowd of about 14-17 thousand fans, as well as a display at the start of a game like we did this season against Ex***r and Pompey (where we won both games 3-0)... Our away form has been much less than convincing though, if we played as well away as we did in home games we would probably of been promoted already. However, are best away performances this season have all came against better opposition, like when we beat sherewsbury 2-0 on the last day and our 2-0 win over you earlier on in the season, I have no doubt we will sell out our allocation for the away leg as well... So hopefully our team actually turns up for the game as well!

Our team is very good for this division in my opinion with only real weak area being midfield, we have an absolutely brilliant keeper in Luke McCormick, who has saved countless times this season. A really solid 5-man defence, our 3 centre backs all could of made team of the year, I have no idea how McNulty got in ahead of any of them though, as well as our two attacking full-backs that have both scored in the previous two games (both great goals as well) so they add an extra threat to our attack. Like I said before, our midfield may of been the main reason that we only just scraped the playoffs, I'm not saying any of our midfielders are bad... Just not stand-out players, our loaned Bobby Reid can be a genius in midfield when he's switched on though, and does have a tendency to perform really well in big games. We also have a pretty good attack, our two strikers have both scored a lot of goals, Reuben Reid has 18 league goals while Lewis Alessandra has 11, Alessandra is one that will do most of the work though and might really trouble your defenders if you don't try and lock him down... That's about it really (we have a few decent players on the bench as well but not anything to rave about).

May the best team win, and good luck next season whether that's in league 1 or league 2!

Comments

• we did a job on you at your place and I expect the same again ..... our worst performance of the season was against you at home so things can only get better on the score.
    I think a 3-1 win in our favour on aggregate.

• Two things on this- our away form is better than your home form and with any luck all of our injured players will be back so looking at our form over the last 8 won't give you a true reflection. If you look at the table we finished higher than you for a reason.

• Ok, what no-one seems to be giving PAFC credit for is them getting their tactics totally spot on vs us at home. Unless we get the result (or at least a draw) on Sat I think we're fked. Home "advantage" my arse, I'd totally rather the away leg was the one where we were seeing how much effort we had to put in.

• Nice if slightly smug post, @Argyle, but you're overlooking the fact that, as someone rather brighter than all of us once said, “In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.”

• Welcome.

As others have said WWfc have an outstanding away record but rocky home form. To be honest not really sure what constitutes a good result on Saturday.

We have massively overachieved this season with a small squad and tiny budget. Tremendous team spirit. Which gives me hope over my natural footie pessimism.

Loads of injuries at end of season, most probably back on Saturday. Big unknown is gk who got injured at weekend. So we could have Ingram, like McCormick one of the best keepers in division and still young tipped to plAy at high level or if not fit lynch who has a grand total of 17 mins experience.

I don't see enough games to talk you through the rest of the team but watch out for the two young upwardly mobile CBS, one brick shithouse who is just huge and the other who on occasions does a very good impression of bobby Moore.

Obviously hope we win not least because working in plymouth I know an Awful lot of argyle fans.

Question for you. I have been surprised at the level of hatred aimed at your manager, despite on the face of it having done a pretty good job. Ok he comes across as a bit of a pompous twat and I understand not shy of a sherbet or two but views please

• 3rd best away record in the lower leagues.

• Wouldn't take our 2-Nil loss to Pilgrims seriously, we foobarred that stupid corner set piece which went horrible wrong. Thus on the back foot from there on in.

Plus we didn't have Nico or Saunders at the time. We are different prospect this time round.

• Shut Up Argyle.

• Now now @prufrock_91 Let's be our usual gracious selves! This is Gasroom 2.0 after all. Let the team do the shutting up!

• Haha - @micra - This smuggled smugness is worse than an Oxford fan flagrantly gloating. You can't come on to an opposition forum, claiming to do a 'preview' and say 'an Argyle fan in peace, I think we're amazing and will win because you're rubbish but I hope you don't mind sorry'.

COME ON

• Fair comment

• Yeah it does stink. I come in peace but expect us to win and hes a load of shit to back it up

• I think you have all took this the wrong way tbh... Yes I predicted a win for my team, but that's probably just me looking through green-tinted lenses.

Of course Wycombe will be favourites as there is a reason they finished a lot higher than us, I wasn't coming on here saying Wycombe were shit and it would be an easy game, I just gave my opinion and yes it was a bit bias but what do you expect... A Wycombe fan came on to our forum and did exactly the same.

• I really do not see why you guys got so easily annoyed? I gave my prediction and a point of view from an argyle fan seeing as though you probably have only been hearing thoughts on the game from your own fans, who have probably also been bias towards Wycombe.

• And @DevC thanks for your reply, I haven't heard much about your centre-backs but you do seem like a very solid team and by the looks of it have been troubled a lot by injuries. The thing with Argyle is that some games we look like a team that is too good for this division, and other games we look like we would should be in a relegation battle not aiming for promotion.

Yeah John Sheridan gets lots of unneeded hate, I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like him because he comes across as having no passion for our team and he has no connection with the fans. I mean, look at Jurgen Klopp, he did absolutely terrible this season, if it was anyone else they would of wanted him gone months ago, but because of his passion for the club the fans loved all the way to the end. I guess you could say our relationship with Sheridan is like what Newcastles was with Pardew, if Sheridan has a run of 2 or 3 bad games there are countless shouts for his relegation.

• @Argyle Some people on this forum are very sensitive petals. I wouldn't worry about it.

• @JS_Watt haha yeah it's the same on our forum as well

• green armyyyyyyyyyyyy