Skip to content

Scott Kashket

Comments

• @rmjlondon said:
    missed a penalty at walsall ? I dont think so !!

thanks for your input

• Yes he did - I was there and saw it. Samuel scored with the rebound though.

• Yep, he did (1:51):

• edited October 2019

Oops, didn't see previous posts.

• edited October 2019

Rendell used to do that thing where he wouldn't look at the ball but watch the keeper the whole time, wait for him to commit then stick it the other side. It was very very good

I seem to remember a game where Dean Morgan scored one left footed and one right footed. Is that right?

• @Malone said:
    Fred and Arrons just have real quality, so it'll be hard to ever leave them out for long.

From what I've seen Kashket has more 'real quality' than either of these two players.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Richie?

Evidence is over-rated. Never let facts get in the way of a sneering post...

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:
    Fred and Arrons just have real quality, so it'll be hard to ever leave them out for long.

From what I've seen Kashket has more 'real quality' than either of these two players.

Though I like both Fred and Arrons....I'm not sure Arrons has earned a place in front of Scotty just yet myself. Nice control and touch, but the jury is still out for me.

• edited October 2019

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Malone said:

Paul Smyth probably has more than all three. I'm not just basing that off what I've seen of him in a Wycombe shirt.

• Aarons and Smyth are still one and two in the wide forward roles for me, but that's the beauty of the squad, we have a silly number of quality options so we can keep them all fit and fresh.

• We're not going to get that many games out of Aarons, so we might as well make the most of him. It's hard to call between him and Fred, but if both keep getting injured at different times then that won't really be a dilemma (obviously I hope we have everyone fit and firing simultaneously, but that seems a bit fanciful).

• @chairboyscentral said:
    We're not going to get that many games out of Aarons, so we might as well make the most of him. It's hard to call between him and Fred, but if both keep getting injured at different times then that won't really be a dilemma (obviously I hope we have everyone fit and firing simultaneously, but that seems a bit fanciful).

Is Aarons only here till January? And Smyth for the season?

Wonder whether our takeover and form could extend the Aarons deal...

• Yeah, Aarons is only here until Jan - Sunderland away is his last game haha. Thing is, he's probably not going to get into the Newcastle squad unless they have an injury crisis, so it might come down to whether or not he performs well enough between now and then for a Championship club to take him on. Smyth is here all season unless QPR decide to be really cruel and trigger the recall clause they probably have.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Yeah, Aarons is only here until Jan - Sunderland away is his last game haha. Thing is, he's probably not going to get into the Newcastle squad unless they have an injury crisis, so it might come down to whether or not he performs well enough between now and then for a Championship club to take him on. Smyth is here all season unless QPR decide to be really cruel and trigger the recall clause they probably have.

Fingers crossed Aarons is enjoying his time here enough to convince Newcastle enough to stay over going to whichever Championship / higher paying league 1 clubs come calling in Jan.

Am I right in thinking a couple of players were only on 6 month deals?

• If he gets back to full fitness surely Smyth is more of a sure starter than aarons? He looked very good at start of season...

• @Username said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Yeah, Aarons is only here until Jan - Sunderland away is his last game haha. Thing is, he's probably not going to get into the Newcastle squad unless they have an injury crisis, so it might come down to whether or not he performs well enough between now and then for a Championship club to take him on. Smyth is here all season unless QPR decide to be really cruel and trigger the recall clause they probably have.

Fingers crossed Aarons is enjoying his time here enough to convince Newcastle enough to stay over going to whichever Championship / higher paying league 1 clubs come calling in Jan.

Am I right in thinking a couple of players were only on 6 month deals?

Smyth, Ofoborh and Phillips all on season-long loans. Darius is on a short-term permanent deal, but that's surely about to be extended.

• @Wendoverman said:
    If he gets back to full fitness surely Smyth is more of a sure starter than aarons? He looked very good at start of season...

Aarons was starting regularly in a reasonable Championship side last season, I feel like we're about to see the best of him.

Smyth looked extremely exciting too, but, on paper at least, Aarons is ahead of him.

In the end it'll come down to what Gaz sees on the training ground / in the opposition.

And cheers for clearing that up Cc! For some reason I thought that Parker was on a short term deal as well.

• @Wendoverman said:
    If he gets back to full fitness surely Smyth is more of a sure starter than aarons? He looked very good at start of season...

Arrons has made 20 or so appearances in the Premier league though, whereas Smyth is "Only" at a championship club....

I love this discussion though! Who is the most brilliant out of our attackers!

It wasn't that long ago we were booting it in the air to the Thompson/Hayes on the wane combo, with just a semi injured/semi interested Holloway as an alternative!
    (no disrespect to any of said players!)

• It is so tricky, what a position to be in !! If all fit and raring to go I think I'd go Aaron's and Smyth with Fred in the middle as well... with Bayo, Scotty K and Samuels to come on and really grind the defender's down when they are knackered, but I'm also happy for the others to start ifnit comes to it... who'd be a manager eh ?

• We need returning richie to bring us down to earth and explain why having seen every game for four years why all of our players (3k a week) are crap and the manager has no idea....

• I'm surprised so many are putting Aarons ahead of Fred / Smyth / Kashket. He may have Premier League experience, but I've not seen that much of it on the pitch.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    It is so tricky, what a position to be in !! If all fit and raring to go I think I'd go Aaron's and Smyth with Fred in the middle as well... with Bayo, Scotty K and Samuels to come on and really grind the defender's down when they are knackered, but I'm also happy for the others to start ifnit comes to it... who'd be a manager eh ?

Samuel.

• @drcongo said:
    I'm surprised so many are putting Aarons ahead of Fred / Smyth / Kashket. He may have Premier League experience, but I've not seen that much of it on the pitch.

To be fair, Smyth hasn't played since mid August, so it's easy to forget what he offers.

Kashket is a finisher. Arrons is pure silk, and while we haven't seen his full ability yet, the opponents certainly see his danger, hence the foul count on him.

• Exciting times

• @Malone said:

@drcongo said:
    I'm surprised so many are putting Aarons ahead of Fred / Smyth / Kashket. He may have Premier League experience, but I've not seen that much of it on the pitch.

To be fair, Smyth hasn't played since mid August, so it's easy to forget what he offers.

Kashket is a finisher. Arrons is pure silk, and while we haven't seen his full ability yet, the opponents certainly see his danger, hence the foul count on him.

Aarons.

• I like Arron and Samuels

• @Uncle_T said:

@Malone said:

@drcongo said:

Aarons.

hehe

• @Wendoverman said:
    I like Arron and Samuels

No wonder people there's some doubt.
    Arrons is the quality player, and Aarons has it all to show!