Skip to content

Something to think about when correcting poor spelling/grammar

And I've done it myself as well.

This is a very powerful thread:

Comments

• The internet brutal and sneering?

• I know it wouldn't help in all situations, but surely if you had dyslexia you'd use spellchecker.

• @Username said:
    I know it wouldn't help in all situations, but surely if you had dyslexia you'd use spellchecker.

Wow. Dyslexia solved in one simple way. If only someone had thought of that before.

• @Username said:
    I know it wouldn't help in all situations, but surely if you had dyslexia you'd use spellchecker.

YCMIU

• As an officially designated dyslexic I find that spellcheck saves my blushes on many occasions, but can by no means make up for double/tripple checking and a decent education (see there, their and they're:)

• edited October 2019

@NorsQuarters said:
    As an officially designated dyslexic I find that spellcheck saves my blushes on many occasions, but can by no means make up for double/tripple checking and a decent education (see there, their and they're:)

Love that you made a spellz error on purpose in there!
    Gloriously played sir.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    As an officially designated dyslexic I find that spellcheck saves my blushes on many occasions, but can by no means make up for double/tripple checking and a decent education (see there, their and they're:)

Exactly, I'm not saying it's a total solution, but it's obvious that some people don't use it to help themselves.

• I think the fact that it isn't a total solution might give you the answer. Dyslexics will often have other issues, so routinely and deliberately using a spell checker may not be uppermost in their minds. Your post is actually an example of putting blame onto the sufferer whereas the Twitter thread challenges people to be more accepting.

• The worst thing is autocorrect, made me took a right aunt on more than one occasion.

• I’m sure the komedy klaxon is honking somewhere.