Skip to content

Great news on loans extensions

From official Twitter just now -

Fred, Sam, Alfie and Nico all signed up.

Comments

• I hear Joe is fit as well, and Ingram was moving quite well at the awards dinner and Holloway looked fit and strong at Sixfields.
    There is a reemerging freshness developing as we go into battle for the final few yards.

• Great news!

• That really is fantastic news. I know Saturday was a disappointment but it's already starting to feel like we've moved on and are getting ready to enjoy the next two or three (hopefully three) weeks. Can't wait!

• Certainly the tiredness of recent games seemed to have gone on Saturday - everyone looked far fresher. Just hope Matty is good to go. We've seen a few times this season that Gaz keeps any injury news very close to his chest, so I'd hope no news is good news on this front.

• @MindlessDrugHoover
    I suspect that is with the exception of Mr Ephraim ?
    A pair of Stan Ogdens heavy duty undercrackers would be fresher than
    the performance Hogie churned out at Sixfields.

• While they're wearing the quarters, let's just get behind them. Wasn't very long ago people were saying Craig was a waste of time and space and yet his last two appearances have been excellent.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    While they're wearing the quarters, let's just get behind them. Wasn't very long ago people were saying Craig was a waste of time and space and yet his last two appearances have been excellent.

Totally agree. Steve Craig in Midfield all the way for me, Craig has been awesome in that position.

• Suddenly he found an amazing energy, is it contract time???

• being honest Steven Craig works his bollocks off everytime he plays, he just won't score many goals, I actually think he is penalty box striker who has decent finishing ability we just don't play enough football but he is not prolific enough regardless to warrant a new deal.

• We need to get out and out goalscorer in instead im afraid

• yes we do but they cost alot more money than SC is taking home.

• Portsmouth's M Tubbs has scored 21 goals this season and they are no where near challenged for even the play offs.

Steve Craig played his part and his never ending running can be utilised in midfield position as well as upfront. I believe it's the characters in our squad that have played for shirt, badge, gaffer and us fans to wear we ended up in this league. Plus ofc their wages lol.

• most of those being for AFC Wimbledon, if we had signed Tubbs in Jan we would be promoted now.

• Or he might have got injured in training before his first game.

• @blueh_w said:
    most of those being for AFC Wimbledon, if we had signed Tubbs in Jan we would be promoted now.

Fair dues, 15 goals where for the Dons. Even so they too no where near playoffs either. Tubbs was a free agent in January last. Goes to show this talk of an out and out stricker with no budget is biggy. Every team is searching for this elusive "Out-out-Scorer", so don't hold year breath.

PS. I don't expect a few surprises after this campaign. The constant genre, we have no money or small budget, only leads to vultures, as I guess our lads are not leading the top L2 money earner lists and at the end of the day, money talks.

• your better to have goals coming from lots of areas which helps if somebody leaves or gets injured ..... as with us when Hayes was out we really struggled to link anything up or get any decent attacking possession ..... he had a fabulous game at Plymouth last time out and I think a lot of there supporters would liked to have signed him after his loan last season.

• There was only one team in the division that scored more goals than us so I don't think we need to worry too much about what might have been.

• @Doob said:
    There was only one team in the division that scored more goals than us so I don't think we need to worry too much about what might have been.

Spot on.. Goals from all sources served us well.

• rubbish news