Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sunderland Fan in peace

Seems Ainsworth is our no.1 target.

What's he like? Management style, formation etc?

If he was to be appointed and he fancied it, do you think hed be a good fit?

Β«1

Comments

  • He's awful and you don't want him.

  • Gareth Ainsworth plays a 10-0-0 formation most of time. The football is dire. He constantly wastes time - I believe last weeks match is still not quite completed as we speak. He constantly argues with supporters and kills and eats at least one child most home games. Worst of all though is his constant droning on and on about his love of everything to do with Newcastle.

  • In all seriousness, he wouldn’t be a good fit for you, because unless he got you promoted he’d be sacked after 8 months. He has been a master of the dark arts and shithousery as you like to describe it but he has had so little funds to work with he has had to try everything to get us results. His number one attribute is his ability to mould a dressing room that is 100% together and that always give their all. Sunderland will not offer him a job, Reading might well, and he would go there. Even if Sunderland offered him a job, I’m not sure he would take it - you’re not a big enough club....

  • edited October 12

    He's dogshit.

    In all seriousness, please don't take him. It would make me want to cry.

  • In terms of style of play, I always thought his greatest strength is that he doesn't particularly have one. He tends to adapt according to the opposition, we're a team who has a reputation for long ball, but we're perfectly capable of getting the ball down and playing. Many times teams have set up expecting us to just go long to Bayo only to find he's on the bench and we've fielded a team posing a whole new set of problems to deal with. The days of ' you know what you're going to get with Wycombe' are long gone.

    That said one thing is gaurenteed, his team's are incredibly hard working. Luke O'Nien being the perfect example of what Ainsworth wants from a player both on and off the pitch.

    One of the great joys of watching Wycombe these days is that no matter what the match situation, there's always hope. No more thinking a match is all over as soon as we go 2 down. His team's have a relentless belief they can get out of any situation, hence the regular stirring comebacks and late goals that have become a feature of our games in recent years.

    All that said, he's rubbish, you don't want him!

  • @MBS said:
    In all seriousness, he wouldn’t be a good fit for you, because unless he got you promoted he’d be sacked after 8 months. He has been a master of the dark arts and shithousery as you like to describe it but he has had so little funds to work with he has had to try everything to get us results. His number one attribute is his ability to mould a dressing room that is 100% together and that always give their all. Sunderland will not offer him a job, Reading might well, and he would go there. Even if Sunderland offered him a job, I’m not sure he would take it - you’re not a big enough club....

    Christ

  • @Wycombe85 said:
    In terms of style of play, I always thought his greatest strength is that he doesn't particularly have one. He tends to adapt according to the opposition, we're a team who has a reputation for long ball, but we're perfectly capable of getting the ball down and playing. Many times teams have set up expecting us to just go long to Bayo only to find he's on the bench and we've fielded a team posing a whole new set of problems to deal with. The days of ' you know what you're going to get with Wycombe' are long gone.

    That said one thing is gaurenteed, his team's are incredibly hard working. Luke O'Nien being the perfect example of what Ainsworth wants from a player both on and off the pitch.

    One of the great joys of watching Wycombe these days is that no matter what the match situation, there's always hope. No more thinking a match is all over as soon as we go 2 down. His team's have a relentless belief they can get out of any situation, hence the regular stirring comebacks and late goals that have become a feature of our games in recent years.

    All that said, he's rubbish, you don't want him!

    Jack Ross would rarely lose a game, but his negative sit back gameplan, playing 2 defensive midfielders at home with 1 forward is what cost him a job.

    Were at league 1 level, we appreciate that, however we do recognise who we are, and that's Sunderland Football Club. We need out of this league and into the championship asap. Ross was a good bloke, and did his best, ultimately wasn't good enough.

    We need someone who will get the best of the players he has.

  • 1 forward? 1 forward? You are lucky to have one forward. Our most advanced player rarely advances out of our penalty box. When they can be bothered to try at all. I for one can’t watch this every week.

  • Watch him next Saturday and keep dreaming.

  • @DevC said:
    1 forward? 1 forward? You are lucky to have one forward. Our most advanced player rarely advances out of our penalty box. When they can be bothered to try at all. I for one can’t watch this every week.

    But you don't watch it any week Dev!

  • @DevC said:
    1 forward? 1 forward? You are lucky to have one forward. Our most advanced player rarely advances out of our penalty box. When they can be bothered to try at all. I for one can’t watch this every week.

    @DevC isn’t lying here. I can and do watch it every week but only because I’m drunk by 11 AM and know I deserve to be punished. You don’t want Ainsworth, you want God’s Anointed Nathan Jones. Should be available early November.

  • If you have a Director of Football or similar post, Gareth won't put up with that. He will want overall control of the football side which he has here.

    If he goes, I think Reading will be his destination due to family considerations.

  • Good fit guaranteed with Nathan. Fit of giggles at his inane prattle.

  • @MBS said:
    Even if Sunderland offered him a job, I’m not sure he would take it - you’re not a big enough club....

    0/10 for wind-up...

    My view @SUNDERLAND_FAN is that GA would take the job if you offer it, and it'll be awful for us watching him leave. We know our place in the food-chain though and the challenge will then be for us to find someone who can continue his good work.

    I note that you say that you need someone who can take you up this season. This is why I think you won't offer the job to Ainsworth. He'll do many things for you - he'll change the culture of your club into one where players and fans are united together, he'll unearth diamonds and have them playing above their level, he'll get any disruptive influences in the dressing room out of the door, but this takes time with no immediate guarantee of success. When it does click in to place though, I know for sure he'd take you back up through the leagues. Sadly at any big club I doubt he'd be given the time and patience from the fans and board to achieve this.

    It's been a hell of a journey for us with GA and if he goes now, it's with our blessing and eternal thanks. I suspect it'll be a long time before we have another manager like him, and we'll be poorer for that.

  • 10/10 for the fact that it succeeded but you’re right @Last_Quarter to show the courtesy and sense of fair pla for which Wycombe fans are generally recognised.

    It’s just that nerves are very raw currently and humour is a form of escape.

  • He’s only using us as a stopgap until his music career takes off. As soon as he sells his first million downloads he’ll be off doing stadium tours in America. He may come to the stadium of light but only as part of a concert tour ,but It may not be big enough to contain His rockstar persona ,he’ll be playing st James park instead. For this reason I believe he’ll be distracted not giving 100% to his part time job as a football manager. If I were Sunderland or anyone else I wouldn’t bother with him.

  • @mooneyman said:

    But you don't watch it any week Dev!

    Irony and self-deprecation not your strong point @mooneyman ?

    Seriously @SUNDERLAND_FAN, (and I am rather hoping you are named Joel) the message from all Wycombe supporters would be

  • Actually @NorsQuarters I think that's a very fair point you make. GA is a long term manager, he will look to instill his own culture and work ethic on any team he takes on. He was given the time here to do that and we're reaping the rewards. Not sure he would be given that time at Sunderland and I'm pretty sure his pitch would be that given time he will deliver in spades, but if instant, short term success is demanded, then perhaps they need to look elsewhere.

  • I've read through some of the Sunderland forum post on GA and it's incredible.

    Just imagine what he could achieve with their budget. Bar the first season when we nearly went down (and the club was in crisis), he's over achieved every single season in my book. Their fans are complaining that he "only" has 1 promotion, and "only" finished 17th last year, they don't seem to comprehend that they were arguably better feats than taking up a promotion favourite with a squad full of top league 1 / championship players like Stendel did.

    This is the first time in league 1 hes been given a remotely competitive budget, and look where we are, and playing a completely different style of football so far. Our version of "competitive" will be completely different to Sunderland's as well, I've no doubt if he had a full pre-season and was able to build his own squad, he would steamroller this league. Whether he could create that midseason is another question though.

    Fingers crossed you don't offer it to him, because I genuinely fancy our chances of finishing above you this season with GA at the helm, he's that good.

  • The North East isn't Ainsworth's North. He's more North West. I don't think Sunderland is the place for him as despite that Sunderland have all the resources a League One club needs. However he's absolutely s*** since he has only lead us to second and not first. DON'T TAKE HIM!

  • Interested in what financial position Sunderland will be in come end of season if they dont get the buy in from Dell and dont get promoted...have all your parachute payments stopped etc....will there have to be a clearing out of players etc. and will 49000 turn up next season for another year in league one....looking beyond the next 9 months is Sunderland a stable prospect for an incoming manager. Do the gate receipts and Netflix cover the current outgoings?
    Sunderland forums are full of doom if Dell deal falls through and will quickly turn on Ainsworth if he has a set of losses.
    Devc could do a job on the last sets of accounts and see how they stack up!

    Could be another Bolton?

  • He’s rubbish, one of the V worst managers we’ve ever had. I’d look elsewhere if I were Sunderland, plenty of better managers out there. I heard Derek Adams is available and is highly thought of, he always got the better of poor old Ainsworth.

  • If their players are anywhere near as "Big time" as a lot of their fans sound, no wonder they've found a bit of a rude awakening in this league.

    However, I can't get past them being 6th, and sacking their manager. That has to be a massive warning sign.

    There won't be any messing with tactics, or going conservative in games, like we've seen in some of our aways so far. (remembering we've played 7 at home and only 5 away, and only 1 away win).

    They'll be expecting him to storm in and be a hit instantly.

  • Nah he won't go there because your club is cursed. You're being punished for having the cheek to call your ground the 'Stadium of Light'. If you changed it to something realistic, like 'Stadium of Bloody Freezing Cold Wind', you would be shooting back up the league in no time.

  • Derek Adams. Steve Evans. Nathan Jones. You need one of them three. Gareth ainsworth is anti-football and insigator of dark arts and shithousery. He needs to stay at our level. It would be a disastrous signing for Sunderland.

  • GA to the makems would be a bad decision for all those concerned mark my words

  • Derek Adams is currently favourite for the Orient job. I've warned my O's supporting mate of what to expect!

  • @SUNDERLAND_FAN said:
    Seems Ainsworth is our no.1 target.

    What's he like? Management style, formation etc?

    If he was to be appointed and he fancied it, do you think hed be a good fit?

    Just to elaborate on DevC's point.

    Ainsworth is a massive Tory, hates Nissan, loves sports direct, best mates with Clive Mendonca too I've heard. Plus his time down in the South East has made him ship out all cold fizzy lager for Warm real ale. Yuck

    Steer well clear if I were you. Not a great fit

  • Ainsworth loves Newcastle United.

    Huge fan

Β«1
Sign In or Register to comment.