Skip to content

Comments

• Thanks a lot, Tom.

Textbook reverse jinxing at the end by the Peterborough lad. Solid work by him on his team's behalf, making me even more nervous for Saturday.

• Don’t be nervous @HCblue. You’ll transmit it to others and ultimately the team. I know there are uncertainties about who will be fit for Saturday but I think we will have a line-up of comparable strength to the side which defeated Peterborough at Adams Park last November when we were 12th in the table and they were a point off the play-offs. Our bench that day was less impressive than the one we will probably have tomorrow. Surely time for Aarons to make an appearance and, hopefully, Alex Samuel will be pestering the hell out of their defence. I’ve got it down as a 2-2 draw (and would probably settle for that after the demolition jobs they have inflicted recently) but I reckon our current squad is perfectly capable of squeezing out a narrow victory.

• I would be interested to know why goalkeeper Aaron Chapman has fallen so out of favour at Peterborough that, after playing 37 matches for them last season, he was transfer-listed in the summer and is currently third-choice and not even getting on the bench. I thought he looked very good on the occasions I have seen him compete against us for Peterborough and Accrington.

• Agreed Chapman looked a commanding quality keeper for both Accy and Posh.

• Please ignore what I said earlier about League placings on 3/11/18. I was checking line-ups for our match that day in a programme for a match in February. Peterborough were indeed a point off the playoffs (52 points from 33 games) on 23 February 2018 but I’m afraid I’ve not been able to find a table for 3/11/18. Suffice it to say that GA referred to Posh in his programme notes as “definitely looking like promotion contenders”. Curtis and Nick, two of the most improved players since then, were both on the bench. The weather was dry, bright and mild (14 degrees C) - much as it looks like being tomorrow. The gate was 5225 with 854 supporting Peterborough. COYSB!!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Agreed Chapman looked a commanding quality keeper for both Accy and Posh.

I thought Chapman wasn't particularly well thought of at Peterborough and he kept his place last season due to limited alternatives? He was placed on the transfer list in the summer.

• On the topic of Posh's 'keepers, I hadn't realised they had signed Pym. I always thought he was overrated at Exeter (maybe he's just had bad games against us by coincidence) and remember being baffled when he got called up to the England under 20's whilst Imgram was pulling heroics off on an almost weekly basis for us.

• edited October 2019

@micra said:
    Please ignore what I said earlier about League placings on 3/11/18. I was checking line-ups for our match that day in a programme for a match in February. Peterborough were indeed a point off the playoffs (52 points from 33 games) on 23 February 2018 but I’m afraid I’ve not been able to find a table for 3/11/18. Suffice it to say that GA referred to Posh in his programme notes as “definitely looking like promotion contenders”. Curtis and Nick, two of the most improved players since then, were both on the bench. The weather was dry, bright and mild (14 degrees C) - much as it looks like being tomorrow. The gate was 5225 with 854 supporting Peterborough. COYSB!!

They were second when we beat them at home.

• @micra said:
    ... COYSB!!

Have you been sent to Coventry?

• edited October 2019

@BlueBoy said:
    On the topic of Posh's 'keepers, I hadn't realised they had signed Pym. I always thought he was overrated at Exeter (maybe he's just had bad games against us by coincidence) and remember being baffled when he got called up to the England under 20's whilst Imgram was pulling heroics off on an almost weekly basis for us.

I remember Pym for one reason.
    Being at Exeter on some freezing cold midweeker years back, and listening to one of the more infamous faces in the singing gang abusing him all night

"PYM - that's not even a name" being one of the few amusing shouts.

• is aaron actually going to make an appearance for us soon?

• @Wanderers82 said:
    is aaron actually going to make an appearance for us soon?

I would say there is a good chance we'll see Aarons tomorrow at some point. It looked as though he was ready and about to come on last weekend at Rochdale, but then Giles Phillips cramp seemed to get the better of him and he was sat down again, with Jamie Mascoll quickly prepared and brought on instead.

• @Uncle_T said:

@micra said:
    ... COYSB!!

Have you been sent to Coventry?

Super Blues!

• Thanks @chairboyscentral and @Steve_Peart for the information about the League table last November. They really are a major force at this level.