Skip to content

Superb playing surface at Sixfields yesterday

Im not sure Nico would have been able to have been able to
run at that pace and keep the ball under control on our bobble pit
for his goal yesterday.
Has any player ever been so disappointing after a sparkling start than Hogan ?
He offered nothing yesterday.

Comments

• we played no football, just up and under mostly and he is not that type of player.

• Not that type of player eh! You mean too tricky, too skilful, too good for this level?? I have watched him a great deal and he offers very little for me. Matty coming on yesterday strengthened the midfield - he's strong, battles hard and runs his socks off...a skillset missing from our Hogan. I want him to prove me wrong, but you are dead right...'disappointing'. He was the only negative in what was a good day yesterday and massive credit to those poor buggers on the hill.

• @blueh_w said:
    we played no football, just up and under mostly and he is not that type of player.

I totally agree, the physicality of League 2 does not suit Hogan I'm afraid. Also we don't play much to feet and on the deck for our ball player types unfortunately.

• @Ciderk1d Ball player types? Give it a rest. Hogan has only offered 45 minutes worth of good play and that was when he came on for his debut at Oxford. He is scared of a tackle, not fast enough to take it round players and far too selfish for a player whose career has hit the skids. Certainly wouldn't be on my 'renew' list for contracts come the end of the season.

• @Brownie , Yes I do mean ball player types. If you think that hoofing the ball up to Fred 5'5" against 6'3" defenders for example against Morecambe was the type of ball Fred thrives on your having a laugh. We have played very direct lately, possibly due to our injury list who knows.

• @Ciderk1d That is not the point I was making and in fact, I completely agree that hoofing the ball up to Fred is the wrong tactic, which is why we looked better with him coming off the bench. My point was with your reference to Hogan, almost suggesting that he is too good to stoop to the level of League Two football. My opinion is that he either clearly isn't good enough as he simply has not performed well at all, or hasn't got enough in him to try and be so.

• Hogan is retiring at the end of the season apparently was on £15,000 a week at QPR , obviously has no desire with a healthy bank balance.

• He is a super player if given the ball to feet and on a reasonable pitch ...... I seem to remember he won us the game at Cambridge, Oxford with his quality and also rescued us with a super ball for Mawson at Southend. I would suggest he offers as much as Saunders but because of Saunders background in football he is slightly more rugged and streetwise.

• You're in another world.

• are u disputing that he scored the only goal at cambridge when we were lucky ?

are u saying he didn't change the game at oxford ??

are u saying he didn't put in a great ball that nobody else on the pitch could have at southend ?

I think you might be in another would too ..... I make than 7 points he had a big hand in yes not the biggest contribution but vital all the same.

• I would dispute this 'I would suggest he offers as much as Saunders' and think that anyone who might think that has very little understanding of football. There is always room for opinions, but some are just wrong.

• Offers as much as Saunders! What a load of old Pony.

• a little bit like ainsworth saying he will play lynch in goal if ingram is ruled out ... if thats the case we might aswell not bother going to plymouth.

• Hogan has had zero opportunity to play from the start, Saunders I agree is a good player but has a terrible injury record and I doubt we will see him again this season.

• @Brownie said:
    Ciderk1d That is not the point I was making and in fact, I completely agree that hoofing the ball up to Fred is the wrong tactic, which is why we looked better with him coming off the bench. My point was with your reference to Hogan, almost suggesting that he is too good to stoop to the level of League Two football. My opinion is that he either clearly isn't good enough as he simply has not performed well at all, or hasn't got enough in him to try and be so.

Gotcha.. Imo League 2 just doesn't suit him, its to fast and furious, but I think he can play football not

@OX66 said:
    Hogan is retiring at the end of the season apparently was on £15,000 a week at QPR , obviously has no desire with a healthy bank balance.

Is that from the horse is mouth. I heard a rumor Hogan may go and play somewhere @ Central America, but that might be beer talk.

• What other option is there other than playing Lynch if Ingram is out?

• We will sign a goalkeeper on loan as we have no goalkeeper on the books at the club with football league experience which will be the reason the football league need to allow us to do so ...... and please don't come back and say Richardson has experience in the football league he is forty fuck**** five !!!

• there could be a possibility they put a restriction on what keeper we can sign ... we wouldn't be allowed to sign somebody who is of a much higher standard than Matt but we will be allowed too without any doubt the rules are clear.

• We can't sign a goalkeeper on an emergency loan unless all our professional goalkeepers are signed off as injured.

• we will be allowed to sign a goalkeeper, we won't be expected to play a lad who has 14 minutes experience to his name. I will put my house on it.

• I'll take that bet.

54 Emergency Loan of Goalkeepers

54.1 If all the professional goalkeepers at a Club are either certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play or are suspended, a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulation 53.3.4), a further goalkeeper on a short term Emergency Loan in accordance with the following provisions:

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#mqcRxOfvkkJXsWlM.99

• Alex Lynch does not count as a professional ..... he has played 14 minutes of 1 league game.

• He is a professional.

• @Ciderk1d said:

Not horses mouth but from a player connection

• if thats the case I won't bother to collect my tickets for the game as Matt Ingram has a serious knee problem and I understand from one of the players we have already made an application to the Football League for permission to sign a goalkeeper on loan.

• Have some faith in the new lad. It's a tough introduction, and I doubt he's as good as Ingram. But Ingram hadn't played any league football either a few years ago.

It would be a big blow, but we wouldn't be out of it.

• we have been given permission to sign a goalkeeper pending the medical info being received by the football league on matt ingram, none of the other goalkeepers are considered professional due to no appearances.

• @OX66 said:
    Hogan is retiring at the end of the season apparently was on £15,000 a week at QPR , obviously has no desire with a healthy bank balance.

I was told that as well by a players dad..

• @OX66 said:

No, worries.

• @blueh_w said:
    if thats the case I won't bother to collect my tickets for the game

And there speaks a true fan...