Skip to content

Ipswich game in doubt

Comments

• Double we're

• Gasroom Stasi demand to know if 'Lambert feels' were ever a real threat?

• I'd check with your doctor.

• I fail to see how Lambertfeels can possibly see us as a threat as GA has proved himself to be tactically inept and forced into making changes to win a game.

• To be fair, he did say that "Lambert feels" were a threat, so he obviously doesn't think Lambert feels are still a threat.

And apparently "as" were second. I have to assume this is short for Accrington Stanley, though I don't remember them ever being second.

• Odds on postponement have gone up again, Alan Judge called up for Ireland.

• It's a bit ridiculous that the rules will allow them to postpone as at the minute, only two players have played in the league and only one has started any league matches.

If EFL Trophy games are not included for suspensions from league games, then they should not count for postponement of league games due to International Call Ups.

Judge has started 5 league games and come on in another 4 as sub.
    Georgiou has not started a league game and come on as a sub in 5.
    Dobra has not made it onto the pitch in a single league game this season.

El Mizouni - if called up by Tunisia has started one game and come on as a sub in 2 games. His last appearance was on 20th August in the League.

• There should definitely be rules on how many games players have played for the first team
    Otherwise it just gives the bigger clubs with a string of Under whatever age groupers, a little Joker up their sleeves if they're not in form, or have a couple of injuries.
    Ipswich are in great form, but word has it they have a key player up front who could do with a recovery week?

• With a bit of luck ( if it is postponed) they’ll have a major a dip in form and an injury crisis at the time of the rearranged game. Forcing them to use the youth players called up for international duty that caused the postponement in the first place, and we go on to beat them 0-4 .

• @Stewie63 said:
    With a bit of luck ( if it is postponed) they’ll have a major a dip in form and an injury crisis at the time of the rearranged game. Forcing them to use the youth players called up for international duty that caused the postponement in the first place, and we go on to beat them 0-4 .

Definitely different ways of looking at it.
    On the one hand, you don't want to be going to the in form leaders!
    But on the other hand, will we ourselves be in a better run for the re-arranged job?

• Game postponed.

• That's a right sod. I'll be unlikely to make the rearranged game and I've never been to Portman Road.

Still, FA Trophy day that day so Ipswich's loss is non-league football's gain.

• Three players called up, one of whom hasn't played a league game. Two more might be, one of whom has only started two league games. Bit of a piss-take.

• Old school I know but I would prefer points on the board to games in hand. These things have a habit of coming back to bite you in the bum.

• 12 October is Non-League Day. Find a local game here: http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/map.html

• edited October 2019

Feasible Tuesdays before Christmas look like 29th Oct, 19th and 26th Nov, and 3rd, 10th and 17th Dec.

• Buys us a bit more time to get a couple of injuries sorted. And not play the top of the league team in top form!

• @Steve_Peart Taking in a non-league match is certainly now in my plans for the 12th October. I would encourage others to consider doing the same.

Barwell v Leiston in the Southern Premier Central most likely, unless I decide to "ground hop" and visit one I've not been to previously.

Regarding Ipswich, I have a strong feeling that they were just looking for an opportunity to postpone because of reasons other than the players who will be missing on international duty and have consequently taken advantage of a rule that allows them to do so. I sincerely hope their decision will backfire on them and that the postponement will allow Wycombe to turn up on the rearranged date with a stronger squad - e.g. Thompson fully match fit, Smyth no longer out injured, Aarons having been involved in a few games and developed an understanding with the other players, etc. - and return home with a victory.

• Hopefully we can play the Checkatrade game scheduled for 5th November against Fulham instead...

• A much better solution maybe as follows:

We are due to play Shrewsbury on Saturday 2nd November at home. The same day Ipswich were scheduled to play Bury.

Shrewsbury were due to play Bury on the 12th October.

We should play Shrewsbury on the 12th October and Ipswich Town on the 2nd November. Thus keeping both games on a Saturday....

• I dare say it's way too short notice to move league 1 games like that @commoner. Decent thinking though.

I wonder if they could move the Fulham game though...maybe no willing, too much hassle?

• I'm off to Clapton CFC against Stonewall FC on the 12th so I'm slightly pleased.

• @ Commoner I hope that someone in WWFC Management takes action to your suggestion. Three Clubs have a winner

• @Commoner under other circumstance it would be a good call, but with the EFL Trophy game to Stevenage as well it would mean 4 home games in succession over 15 days.
    I'd expect the club to just take the free weekend in preparation for the Sunderland match.

• The EFL trophy games could all be done behind closed doors one morning.

Bolton have postponed a game, that struck me as a bit odd with all they've had going on. Someone needs to look at the rules again.

• Players are probably tired again @StrongestTeam!

• Did Bolton get away with that previous call off?
    Will they get away with another one?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    The EFL trophy games could all be done behind closed doors one morning.

Bolton have postponed a game, that struck me as a bit odd with all they've had going on. Someone needs to look at the rules again.

What they ought to do is just do a draw for the final at the start of each season. 2 lucky teams get to play at Wembley