Skip to content

Stopping The Investment

2»

Comments

• @eric_plant said:
    I've heard a lot talked about his "level of wealth"

What is it exactly? Does anyone know how much money he's got?

We don't know, but to even be able to access that amount of credit be must have a reasonable amount. Hopefully we'll find out very shortly

• @eric_plant said:
    so in your opinion, we are effectively already in hock to someone you believe is falsely claiming to be in love with everything about the club purely in order to get 75% ownership of it?

What do you believe that says about his character?

Nothing IMHO.

I suspect he is excited about the project and wants it to work. But he needs the owners consent. If he doesn't get that, he has no choice but to walk away.

Not sure I see a problem with that. Me thinks thou doth ..........

• I absolutely buy the need to look at the deal proposed. But I have to say what planet are the people on if they think there are viable alternatives. Unless they know better!! Not ideal but what choice do we have.

• Which email was this?

I’ve received three today, but can only see my email address listed?

• @davecz said:
    I absolutely buy the need to look at the deal proposed. But I have to say what planet are the people on if they think there are viable alternatives. Unless they know better!! Not ideal but what choice do we have.

Would you have shut the club down the minute Bill and Jim pulled out had you been in charge out of interest?

• @micra said:
    I’m sure it wasn’t your intention @BuckinghamBlue but that last sentence sounds almost like a threat. Not that I would necessarily be against, shall we say, a little friendly persuasion - provided of course the deal stands up to scrutiny.

? that’s the last thing I wanted to imply. Our support is too small to lose any of youz guys in unfortunate concrete and lake accidents badda bing badda bang

• @PrinceOfCrowell one email was sent (with emails visible) then recalled, then re-issued with emails bcc’d.

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Which email was this?

I received one with everyone’s email address visible. There was an attempt to recall this, which didn’t work.

• edited September 2019

Wrong thread.

• @arnos_grove said:

@PrinceOfCrowell said:
    Which email was this?

I received one with everyone’s email address visible. There was an attempt to recall this, which didn’t work.

Me too whoops someone is going to get a wrist slap

• @DevC said:

Not sure I see a problem with that. Me thinks thou doth ..........

Down voted for appalling grammar.

• @Chickenhead said:
    Just had an email telling me I am one of the 785 legacy members. So it only needs 200 idiots to vote no to stop the takeover and bugger up the clubs future. With a regular fan base of 4000 this seems crazy.

.. and, conversely, it only needs 590 idiots to vote yes to bugger up the club's future.
    Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be, the future's not ours to see, que sera, sera.

• I remember this chickenhead character {posting around as if he had lost his head) when I dared to criticise that angry Leeds fella for failing to specify which football ground near his Normandy mansion WWFC were playing at.

Ian Rankine would love this stuff

• LX1LX1
    edited September 2019

Which one of these could be 'chickenhead'

A. Parry
    B. Hayes
    C. Beeks
    D. Leeds ice cream man
    E. Oilysailor

Vote now and you could win a signed shirt!

• Let's look at what we have already...
    A. Before his time, like contemporary facebook commentators, everything is black and white or right and left. There is nothing in between. Everything the board says must be supported
    B. A failed double glazing salesman who got lucky due to the genius of his business partner. Had a stab at screwing the Club but now feels bitter
    C. Completely senile and unaware about anything to do with football {rushen and dynamoes?) so unlikely to post on here
    D. Andrew Flower a very volatile man. History of treating his staff badly and cannot manage his anger when wrong
    E. Serial prankster who bides his time for maximum effect.

• I wouldn't want to prejudge A-D's internet trolling abilities, but if it's E then all the fame, fortune and book deals have led to him neglecting his Gasroom wind-up skills.

• Hahaha. Wrong LX1 ??

• Ah LX1 in your desperation to find out who I am. Ii have remembered who you are I was there that night that Andrew Howard shot you down in flames for your negative comments. I expect you and your negatively will be there tomorrow night.

• You are mistaken @Chickenhead. I was referring to a hot day in Normandy. It's all part of the fun of an internet messageboard!

• @oilysailor needs to pay more attention to his gasroom roots and stop chasing pound signs

• Still wrong.

• Given recent gasroom events, I’m starting to suspect that the answer is F. LX1

• @drcongo said:
    Given recent gasroom events, I’m starting to suspect that the answer is F. LX1

What's happened Kinshasha congo?

• Ah just got you. No.. I am mental enough on my own

• Here's the link for those unable to make it tonight

• @LX1 said:
    @oilysailor needs to pay more attention to his gasroom roots and stop chasing pound signs

u can still summon me under article 1772f

• @LordMandeville said:

.. and, conversely, it only needs 590 idiots to vote yes to bugger up the club's future.

Without investment the clubs future is more or less already buggered. At best the club will stand still, but far more likely drift backwards. At worst, go broke and out of business.

What is your grand plan?

• Only pride will make anyone vote No. by that I mean they like the romance of being fan owned.
    Obviously don’t like change either