Skip to content

Huge Week in the Life of Wycombe Wanderers

Events this week could have a major impact on the prevailing mood within the club because there is little doubt that uncertainties have crept in since Saturday. A rather disturbing number of injuries, fears (totally unfounded, I like to think) that GA may be grappling with decisions about his own future (his post-match interview seemed slightly angst-tinged) and in the immediate future we have two very different matches to look forward to. One, tomorrow evening, against “minnows” who normally do rather too well against us and the other against promotion favourites Pompey who we normally do quite well against.
In between, on Thursday (6pm for 7.30), there is a Fans’ Forum which will be fronted by Trevor Stroud, Gareth Ainsworth and Rob Couhig.
Interesting times indeed.

Comments

• Doors open at 6pm subject to the Football Trades Exhibition finishing on time. Drinks income ‘n’ all that (if the place hasn’t already been drunk dry!)

• I know all things Wycombe Wanderers should be the centre piece of my life but a fans forum sandwiched between two home matches is a real pain.
    Is there some logic I'm missing on why this quite often happens?

• Because they need to do it while Rob Couhig is over

• I guess on this occasion the fact that Rob Couhig will be in the country for the two matches was a key factor in timing of the meeting.

I agree it is a pain timing-wise, particularly for those of us who live some distance away. I can just about afford the time and expense of travelling down to High Wycombe and back twice in a week, but only exceptional circumstances (for example, if the legacy vote has to be done in person) will get me doing it three times in a week.

• But they've scheduled these forums and meetings in the same week as a midweek home game for years.
    Not complaining but it's just asking alot of some, especially those not locally based.

• you're right, but in this instance it probably makes sense as he is over for the Tuesday game and staying for the Saturday game.

Nowadays of course there are ways of making it inclusive to those that can't make it, via streaming which there never used to be

• @micra I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to think that there was a different ‘feel’ to GA’s post match interview on Sat. It did seem that he had a lot more on his mind than usual.

• Nothing will ever sound more like a farewell address than his interview after Fleetwood at the end of last season. After Gillingham he sounded genuinely disappointed in the players (for the first time this season) and frustrated by the result.