Skip to content

Match day thread:Northampton

13»

Comments

• I rather enjoyed 'The Liquidator' (aka 'that song they play before games at Stamford Bridge) before kick off. Get that on at AP

• The last minute goal was a bit surreal, quite a few people around me were almost cursing it going in as they didn't fancy our chances against Plymouth (or maybe the trip there) while I got caught up in us getting a last minute goal against Northampton again!

It was an unusual game, Northampton had us under the cosh for long periods of that game and could well have got quite a few more than two if Ingram wasn't in inspired form, however we looked far more dangerous in front of goal than we have done for a while.

• Such a shame that Tranmere couldn't do us a favour today, but my god what a group of players Gareth Ainsworth has put together. The spirit and determination is just unreal. When the chips are down they just will not give in. What a season they have given us.

I just pray that Ingram isn't too badly injured, although looking at the footage it doesn't look too promising... And also that Brentford don't suddenly decide they need Saunders & Yennaris back for extra cover now that they're in the play-offs as well.

If those 3 are available, and JJ is able to work on his fitness this week, then we've got a damn good chance of doing this.

BELIEVE....

• I understand the concerns with Plymouth however Stevenage are a nightmare to play against with their aggressive play, we have to win at Plymouth as we are so poor on our own pitch.

• @OX66 said:
    I understand the concerns with Plymouth however Stevenage are a nightmare to play against with their aggressive play, we have to win at Plymouth as we are so poor on our own pitch.

Hence glad we won our away trip, to keep up our momentum. Our away form was the catalyst to our league position, so glad we are playing away in our first leg.

• No fear of Plymouth, yes they beat us at our place but wasn't that at the time when Hayes was out injured and we were having a little wobble.... The side Saturday looked much more fresh than in recent games and with another week means more time for sore feet, legs etc to recover and hopefully the likes of JJ and SS will be fit.

• I'm quietly confident we can beat Plymouth. Yes they beat us at AP, but we were weakened for that match and it was our worst performance of the season by a distance. There's a couple of 'if's' (Ingram's fitness & whether Brentford decide to recall Saunders/Yennaris), but with players coming back to fitness, we may be able to field our strongest team for quite a while and if so, we're the better side. Very few sides have beaten us this season when we've been anything close to fielding our best XI.