Skip to content

The scenario that Couhig and Co don’t get 75%..

Comments

• another reason to vote yes, they are endless !!! main one being if we don't GA will be off and Im not sure who could replace him currently with how well he has done.

• I think the secured loan happened before the Harman bid in any case.

• Maybe @chris. I thought the stadium charge only happened when we needed to borrow a second time because of the delay. I may be wrong though. Principle stands either way. The stadium only became involved when we borrow from Luby BEFORE he owned his shares. It was not intended as I recall to be included in any deal and that charge was intended to be released on completion of his deal. of course that never happened.

• @rmjlondon said:
    another reason to vote yes, they are endless !!! main one being if we don't GA will be off and Im not sure who could replace him currently with how well he has done.

Main reason for giving up ownership of the club is the manager might leave? You are having a laugh.
    It might help the Couhig PR machine but voting yes is about the long term future of the club and Ainsworth will leave us at some point whatever happens.

• Main reason to vote yes is stadium becomes lubby’s if we dont and also we will be in administration by January and staring relegation in the face !! That will be enough for most !!!

• If Legacy members don’t quite get to 75% votes in the Autumn poll then Rob may just push on for a second vote at the original in the new year time frame. Worked for Teresa Ma..... oh wait!

• Didn’t Rob pay off luby which then removed the charge on AP I’m sure that was said in the meeting back in June

• As far as I remember Rob paid off the stadium loan

• @glasshalfempty said:

@micra said:
    Bit like the “no deal Brexit” planning and preparation perhaps?

You’d like to think our board of directors are more competent than the current government wouldn’t you?

I’d like to think that their opposition is numerically smaller and less intransigent than the government’s.

• @braywanderer said:
    Didn’t Rob pay off luby which then removed the charge on AP I’m sure that was said in the meeting back in June

The presentation slides at the meeting in July stated, "RC TO REPAY L & C ON FINALISATION OF LEGAL AGREEMENTS".

I don't know if anything has been finalised or paid.

• Will any Legacy members who don't vote for Rob's deal have their cajun burger and beer app removed?

• @Uncle_T said:

@braywanderer said:
    Didn’t Rob pay off luby which then removed the charge on AP I’m sure that was said in the meeting back in June

The presentation slides at the meeting in July stated, "RC TO REPAY L & C ON FINALISATION OF LEGAL AGREEMENTS".

I don't know if anything has been finalised or paid.

Ah that’s interesting and worrying, so there is really no alternative if we want to keep the stadium

• Please tell me Steve Baker isn’t a Legacy Member

• @DevC said:
    No @mooneyman , I think you are conflating two separate matters.

As I recall , the ownership of the ground was always intended to stay firmly under the Trust ownership under the Luby bid.

Unfortunately the delays introduced by consideration of the late Harman bid meant that the club urgently needed to borrow money in advance of the Luby bid being able to complete in order to pay day to day bills and as there was no one else prepared to lend the money had to borrow money from Luby to pay them.

As we know, by the time the delay as a result of the late Harman bid came to an end, the Luby consortium no longer wished to proceed and hence the loan as far as I know remains outstanding.

we of course can never know for sure whether, without the delay caused by consideration of the late Harman bid, the Luby bid would have completed and the need for the loan avoided or whether the Luby's would have pulled out earlier. my judgement for what it is worth is that it would have completed.

I'm pretty certain that the Harman interest came to the fore after the charge was imposed on the stadium by Luby. As such Harman interest & as you put it delay, had nothing to do with the loan already taken out by the board, from USA.

• @bookertease said:
    Please tell me Steve Baker isn’t a Legacy Member

He's most definitely a complete Member

• @rmjlondon said:
    Im not sure the ground is an asset, u can't do anything with it and it wouldn't be worth very much as a warehouse !!

So, by your reckoning the stadium is not an asset!? DOL!!!!

• TomTom
    edited September 2019

I am the biggest fan of Gareth Ainsworth, however whether wants the deal to go ahead is absolutely irrelevant. No one is bigger than the club. This is a long term decision about the future of Wycombe Wanderers. Realistically he won't be here in 10 years, however every single fan will be. This is a long term decision, and not one to be swayed by short term considerations

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@rmjlondon said:
    Im not sure the ground is an asset, u can't do anything with it and it wouldn't be worth very much as a warehouse !!

worth about 3k I think

• edited September 2019

@EwanHoosaami said:

@rmjlondon said:

You read who posted that right?

• Whilst agreeing with your sentiments @Tom I disagree with your comment that GA’s views are irrelevant to the debate.

They probably should be, but for a significant proportion of Legacy members who don’t come on here or attend meetings, the opinion of someone so clearly passionate about the present and future of our club is quite likely to be listened to.

• PROJECT FEAR

• IMHO there are no other realistic options, we're bust in financial terms as a fan owned league club and we're only along for the ride as fans whilst our full time staff earn their living from our club. The Couhig's have brought much needed commercial, business and financial acumen and energy to the party and we should at least try and give it a go. I recently watched as Missy Couhig went around after the match, collecting discarded plastic beer glasses and putting them into the recycling bins. What on earth more do we expect from these fine folk?
    The doom mongers and "let's all have our little grass roots non-league club back" followers should for once look to the youngsters who are our future, and allow them the chance to dream and enjoy. Just saying.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

The doom mongers and "let's all have our little grass roots non-league club back" followers should for once look to the youngsters who are our future, and allow them the chance to dream and enjoy. Just saying.

Easy for me to say this as a relative youngster, but you are spot on. I don't want this situation to drive a wedge between generations, but what you mention should absolutely come into the equation.

• The issue is we'll get into a situation where prospective owners come in to pay back loans previously given.

Although the ideal is to remain fan-owned, it's clearly not viable at any decent level of football, and for us, with all we owe, it's absolutely unrealistic.

We are never going to get a completely altruistic benefactor who wants to come in and benevolently support a loss-making business, and some of the 75% will have to realise that.

• I’ve yet to read anyone on here saying that they will vote ‘no’ to the takeover. Plenty who have said ‘yes’ already, but the majority on here just seem to be saying ‘let’s see what the offer is like before we finally decide’

All perfectly sensible and I don’t think there are that many left who subscribe to the ‘fan-owned, regardless’ point of view.

• @Tom said:
    I am the biggest fan of Gareth Ainsworth, however whether wants the deal to go ahead is absolutely irrelevant. No one is bigger than the club. This is a long term decision about the future of Wycombe Wanderers. Realistically he won't be here in 10 years, however every single fan will be. This is a long term decision, and not one to be swayed by short term considerations

I would dispute two of your assertions @Tom. Lisa Bowker is GA’s biggest fan by an immeasurable margin and I don’t realistically expect to be gracing the ground in my nineties !
    Just jesting.

• My mistake @micra !

• @micra said:

@Tom said:

I would dispute two of your assertions @Tom. Lisa Bowker is GA’s biggest fan by an immeasurable margin and I don’t realistically expect to be gracing the ground in my nineties !
    Just jesting.

That level of fandom is one step away from a restraining order though so probably best!

• @Tom and considering my weight, age and lifestyle, you may be overestimating how long I will be able to get to AP and fit through the turnstiles as well.

• Comment above from @Wendoverman prompted a flash back. Was the turnstile to enter the terrace installed upside down? It used to feel very 'unnatural' passing through. As if there wasn't quite enough room.