Skip to content

Great performance Saturday - minor catering issue....

2»

Comments

• I thought the food at Forest Green was great.

• Soy and almond milk aren't fit for human consumption, vile things. (also horrendous for the environment).

As I said, the biggest problem with FGR was a complete lack of choice and running out of everything before HT, I wanted to try a samosa, or even a party, but I couldn't.

• FGR has been the high water mark for me, but appreciate others like the traditional footie fare.

They seemed to get a lot of letters of thanks and were also hosting a couple of the Italian giants who were interested in their sustainability model.

I stuffed myself so maybe I ate your allocation of food @Username, sorry!

• @Username said:
    Soy and almond milk aren't fit for human consumption, vile things. (also horrendous for the environment).

Horrendous here is a very relative term. Horrendous compared to not having milk of any kind ever, yes, but exponentially better for the environment than dairy milk. 75% of soy production is for animal feed, mostly for dairy cows.

• @Username

Having a vegetarian option is a good idea- do we really not do one? but the FGR extreme was equally poor

I got a soggy cheese and onion pasty once but they usually are sold out. I now try to pass by Gregg's on the way to the match which is a pity as I'd much rather give WWFC the money.

We really do need veggie options!

• Giant Samosas and Curry Wurst easy to make or heat and would fly out of the kiosks

• @Username said:
    Soy and almond milk aren't fit for human consumption, vile things. (also horrendous for the environment).

As I said, the biggest problem with FGR was a complete lack of choice and running out of everything before HT, I wanted to try a samosa, or even a party, but I couldn't.

What kind of parties are you looking to experiment with?

• I think they should get people who run burger vans kr similar in to sort it out, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. I would eat at a game if the food is decent I just dont bother as its so poor.

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    Giant Samosas and Curry Wurst easy to make or heat and would fly out of the kiosks

Oh yes indeed.