Skip to content

Harriman

Signed for Northampton today,, Good luck H !

Comments

• @ChinnorBlue said:
    Signed for Northampton today,, Good luck H !

Excellent for Harri. Hope he has a good season.

• Quite surprised it took him this long to find a club. Also thought he might get picked up by another L1 side but not a bad move all in all.

• On a deal to January at Northampton so i'd expect a bigger club to sign him then unless he's enjoying himself there.

• @robin Maybe even us!

• I doubt it, he struggled to get that deal !!!

@robin said:
    On a deal to January at Northampton so i'd expect a bigger club to sign him then unless he's enjoying himself there.

• Harriman is a very good right back. Personally Id be hard pushed to choose the better player between him and Grimmer myself.

• Grimmer is on a 2 year deal in League 1, Harriman on a short term deal in League 2, there is your answer !!!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Grimmer is on a 2 year deal in League 1, Harriman on a short term deal in League 2, there is your answer !!!

Your support for the club and players is always heart-warming richie...even though you're obviously not the sharpish knife in the drawer

• @rmjlondon said:
    Grimmer is on a 2 year deal in League 1, Harriman on a short term deal in League 2, there is your answer !!!

Surely Grimmer being cheaper is the answer and yours has no bearing at all on ability.

Obviously based on limited Grimmer watching I'd say he's not as good as Harriman

• edited September 2019

Grimmer is a perfectly good replacement for McCarthy and Harriman was a good player who being behind Macca perhaps did not get the game time he should have. There is no need to compare the two now...or be too 'richie' about their ability or worth. I would have been quite happy to have Grimmer AND Harriman still at the club.

• Harriman lives in Northamptonshire.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think Grimmer looks to be an outstanding signing myself, to the extent that not once have I thought that we are missing McCarthy or Harriman

• @eric_plant said:
    I think Grimmer looks to be an outstanding signing myself, to the extent that not once have I thought that we are missing McCarthy or Harriman

My feelings exactly though to have Harri as back up or having the two as possibles would have been nice had the brown envelopes of cash arrived earlier in the summer. But there's always Sido.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@rmjlondon said:

Surely Grimmer being cheaper is the answer >

This sounds a bit of an assumption, as the money came in after Harriman left, so we weren't limited to the gems and bargain bucket as much as previously.

• One of my favourite Wycombe players of recent years. A real honest pro with a decent confidence in his abilities.

I remember it feeling like a quite a coup when we signed him from under Lu’on’s noses. Good luck fella.

• Good lad, never let anyone down, and a little unfortunate to be kept out by such a good player in McCarthy, who then gets sold a few weeks after he's been released! Although in fairness, the relationship had probably broken down by then.

• @eric_plant said:
    I think Grimmer looks to be an outstanding signing myself, to the extent that not once have I thought that we are missing McCarthy or Harriman

I must be mellowing. Yesterday I agreed with Chas Harps, today I endorse wholeheartedly the words of Eric.

• @fame_46 said:
    Players will always divide opinion. I’m pleased he’s found a club with a young family to support.

Northampton has a young family to support? Has Harriman been signed as a nanny?

• @HCblue said:

@fame_46 said:
    Players will always divide opinion. I’m pleased he’s found a club with a young family to support.

Northampton has a young family to support? Has Harriman been signed as a nanny?

Explains where some of the money they nicked off the council went

• Good luck to Harri.

I'm in agreement with others that Grimmer has been excellent thus far. Think he us going to establish himself as a firm favourite.

• My favourite memory of Michael Harriman's time with Wycombe is the goal he scored that triggered our comeback against Crewe, two years ago this month, although I can't think of that goal without instantly also recalling (and smiling at: the memory always makes me smile) Nathan Tyson's winner.

• And Tyson's celebration.