Skip to content

Patronising BFP guff

The headline alone should drive any loyal Blues fan into a rage. http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/12928023.How_to_show_support_for_Wycombe_Wanderers_ahead_of_vital_last_game/?ref=fbshr
Maybe how to show support for Wycombe might not involve near enough abandoning your hometown club for a rugby franchise at the drop of a hat.

Comments

• The article should read: 'Include articles on them in their local newspaper'.

• But there are almost 3 complete pages devoted to the Wanderers in this week's issue.

• To be fair, now the BFP have been de-Feldburg-ed and is now in the capable editorial hands of Frank Smith the coverage of WWFC has been and will be much improved both this season and moving forwards.

• It has always been better than nothing, and I enjoy flicking through the WW pages, but nobody can deny that they heavily favoured Wasps from the second they sprung up in HW.

But credit where it's due, their coverage is ongoing and consistent.

• Christ, Just read the article and I didn't know that I'd have a journalist travelling up to Northampton with me. Better kick one of the kids out then

• @DJWYC14 I had a bit of a ding dong with Frank when he first came in at the time of Wasps last game, and I think he was taken aback by how much Feldberg managed to alienate a lot of its core WWFC-supporting readership. I've noticed an improvement too, hopefully that will continue to develop in the future.

• We are the only professional game in town so I think the BFP has begun to realise that unless they want to fill their sports pages with the local netball and cribbage results our coverage better improve

• The content has improved lately both in quantity and tone (Patronising headlines aside!).

• The BFP Twitter feed from the game today was awful. Wrong names and no really feeling of empathy for what was going on.