Skip to content

The finest pass in Wycombe history

For me, it might be this. Discuss.

Comments

• The other Freeman v Southend pass (away last season) for me.

• I’m really glad you pointed that out because I didn’t notice quite how good that actually is. Freeman will play Championship level surely? Hopefully with us next season....

• Freeman pass to Wheeler v the team who shall not be mentioned was a beauty. Aided of course, by the sublime control and outcome by the recipient.

• Exquisite isn't it. I had to watch it several times to work out quite how he did it. Imagine how hard it must have been for the defenders, three of which look utterly baffled as the ball just appears in a different place as though teleported.

• Like @Bacon_Sandwich, I hadn't quite appreciated the full deliciousness of that pass until watching this clip a few times on zoom. Cheers Doc!

• Garner to Carroll to set up his first (and best) goal at Wembley in '94

The debate for 2nd place is interesting though, thanks for starting it

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019

@Bacon_Sandwich said:
    I’m really glad you pointed that out because I didn’t notice quite how good that actually is. Freeman will play Championship level surely? Hopefully with us next season....

He will if he adds goals. All the more reason to get him signed up on a longer deal! Make them pay if they want him.

• After appreciating Scotty's superb finish, one's eye is naturally drawn to the pass; and it is, indeed, wonderful. I've been sitting watching that clip for a few minutes now (thanks @drcongo ) and I think my favourite thing about it is that way in which Nicky F, having delivered the pass, and before Scotty has even touched the ball, simply starts to just casually walk away - as if to say "well, that's a goal, and I'm off for a pint" (or something along those lines).

• There is still room on the Freeman bandwagon, folks. Roll up, roll up!

• @Shev said:
    There is still room on the Freeman bandwagon, folks. Roll up, roll up!

If only it was Dave Tarpey or Ruth he had been passing to. #onesthatgotaway

• I’m with the Garner to Carroll pass at Wembley. A superb one touch move and instead of Garner shooting as most would have expected he played a reverse pass to Jesus for an open goal. To my mind that goal was actually better than Davie’s 2nd.

• @Cyclops that’s one of my favourite things about it too.

• Gape vs Accrington Stanley for Kashket's goal is worth a mention

• @Cyclops I noticed that as well, like you say, "I know where that's ending up, so see ya in the shower later!".

• That pass is pure sex.

• If that had been the ‘70 Brazil team they’d still be showing on TV weekly to this day.

• "FREEMAN" Now not only the finest Newsagents in Wycombe, but now the finest pass seen in the Chair metropolis.