Skip to content

Bury Expelled from the EFL

13»

Comments

• On first glance it looks a farcical idea, but from knowing a couple of Wycombe fans who totally fit what @StrongestTeam says above, I can very much believe it's a thing.

• Imagine the hole that leaves in some people's lives, and then imagine it for someone with a pre-existing condition.

• My point is that to offer blanket support to all supporters who are just feeling sad and disappointed will leave the NHS resources overstretched to treat those truly in need.

Knowing someone who works very closely in delivering NHS mental health care I can tell you that one of the biggest issues they have is those trying to claim mental health issues who do not.

I am 100% confident that those trying to deliver the service will be doing their best. But to suggest that offering blanket support to those feeling sad and disappointed won't increase that workload is wrong.

I would never advocate anyone who feels that they have genuine mental health issues from not seeking support. However, I just don't think that this is what is being suggested in this report.

• Let's assume they've considered the points you've made and have decided to offer this anyway. Let's also assume that they are experts in their field and know what they are talking about.

• Actually I doubt very much that the front line staff have been consulted before this initiative was announced.
    It's just the sort of thing the local MP might have had a hand in persuading some NHS senior manager to do as a PR stunt.
    I bet that there has been no additional funding provided for this extra workload created either.

• The extra workload of one 1.5 hour session. Oh, how will the overstretched NHS cope.

• @Chris said:
    The extra workload of one 1.5 hour session. Oh, how will the overstretched NHS cope.

Yes, clearly wasting money, lets take away a third of their budget. That's how these placed outrage pieces end up isn't it.

• I am sure NHS professionals will recognise that early intervention and preventing someone falling over the edge is a far better outcome for the patient and (nearly always) far cheaper for the NHS than allowing him to fall and then picking up the pieces afterwards.

From afar looks like the local MP James Frith has done exactly what you would want from a local MP. got involved in a significant local issue and tried to broker solutions as much as he is able. The majority of MPs away from the Westminster show are thoroughly decent human beings. You do have to wonder what our system is that turns them into monsters at Westminster itself and rewards the worst of them with promotion.

Anyway I have listened to the spending review. There will now be unlimited funds for the NHS and all other public services at the same time as massive tax cuts at the same time as deliberately vandalising the economy and hence slashing tax receipts that way too. It must be true. Our Prime Minister has promised it. Surely he cant be telling lies - that is unknown for him.

Sad thing is the public will lap it up at the election (which coincidentally is just around the corner) and likely give him a majority. We deserve what we get.

• The Tory vote split with Brexit party still gives me hope for a lot more Labour and Lib Dem seats than the raw poll numbers would suggest.

• @Chris said:
    The extra workload of one 1.5 hour session. Oh, how will the overstretched NHS cope.

You're posting as if it'd be for one person. What if 100s - 1000s are affected? Suddenly you can see the stretch factor!

• You make the huge assumption that Johnson and Cummings (with Bannon in the background) aren't aware that they need to buy Farage off. Expect him to be appointed US Ambassador if Johnson wins with responsibility for negotiating the trade deal.

• @Malone said:

@Chris said:

You're posting as if it'd be for one person. What if 100s - 1000s are affected? Suddenly you can see the stretch factor!

Best to get in early then before they develope bigger issues that will cause more problems and associated costs, as Dev mentioned rightly before going off piste in a way i have some sympathy for, even if this isn't the right place for it.

• I hear Bozzer has congratulated Bury for escaping the undemocratic strictures of the EFL and striking out on a bright new future for themselves. Beery Nigel just said that if any of his party members had been in the EGO he did not know about it and anyway it was a long time ago and they were well out of it now.

• EFL not EGO but that was a very insightful predictive text ???

• @Malone said:

@Chris said:

I've read the article - they have hired a meeting room and are running a single session for 1.5 hours that people can attend. That is all.

• Presumably they could do it at Gigg Lane if there was sufficient demand