Skip to content

Boreham Wood

Owner not holding back on sparse crowds.

But, still charging £18 for an adult, with no student or elderly concession...

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/lack-of-support-a-concern/

Comments

• I do feel for him but if he was after big crowds, why invest in Boreham Wood?

It's a town with a population of 30k. It has to compete with Watford, Luton, Barnet (who struggle for decent attendance in the football league) AND all the major London clubs.

Would of been better off pouring that money into a club like Maidstone.

• the chairman said, 'No the truth is, other than the bigger games against the big clubs who carry large away support, we are after 5 years at National League level, clearly still no bigger than a Ryman league or Southern League Club...'

I feel like he's hit the nail on the head here. Boreham Wood are playing way above their natural level.

• To anyone who doesn't know him it probably sounds like Borehamwood owner Danny Hunter subscribes to the mantra that there's no such thing as bad publicity. The reality is he's a nasty piece of work with a massive chip on his shoulder. I worked in Borehamwood for 17 years and many locals I know would rather throw their money down the drain than put it in his pocket.

• A minor point in the context, but I thought gates included all season ticket holders, whether they were there or not?

So 400 was given as the official attendance, but he said it didn't include them?

Later on he mentions only 46 of their fans paid on the day.