Skip to content

Leaving the ground early

13»

Comments

• Superb! ???

• You're up late @Shev.

• Thanks @ValleyWanderer. A certain one year old decided to wake up in the middle of the night!

• I doubt anyone left the Ground early for the Ashes Test Match. What a result !

• One of the all time great Test matches, and all time great (greatest?) innings. The skill, decision making and mental toughness shown by Stokes was sublime. Beats the Botham innings in 81.

• Remarkable. I left my parents' house at eight down, having some things to get on with (which prevented me from going to the Minor Counties 20/20 at Wormsley, by the by) and anticipating a comfortable defeat after a sterling effort. An hour later, was glued to the radio. What an incredible game and performance by Stokes.

• Gargantuan effort. Arise Sir Benjamin Stokes.

@Shev: Great storytelling. The muse strikes in the wee small hours. Hope you get an undisturbed night tonight!

• Not bad for a New Zealander @micra.

• @micra said:
    Gargantuan effort. Arise Sir Benjamin Stokes.

@Shev: Great storytelling. The muse strikes in the wee small hours. Hope you get an undisturbed night tonight!

Thanks @micra. Hopefully she was just over-excited from having seen the comeback earlier that day!

• @mooneyman - not sure what your point about Stokes is getting at, but it seems a little bit 'nasty. The bulk of the opposition runs were scored by a South African.

• @Baldric - Sorry the point of my comment passed you by! A New Zealand born player winning the match almost singlehandedly probably added salt to the wound for any Australian.

• ok - these remarks are normally made for more sinister reasons so happy to find otherwise.

• ok - panic over