Skip to content

The Wanderer - Out this Saturday!

Things looked bleak at the start of the summer. The Wanderer budget had been slashed by a third and we only had 15 articles for the start of the 2019/20 season. I mean, maybe we could loan a couple of articles from one of the bigger fanzines, but even the most optimistic of our team knew we were in for a struggle.

Fast forward just a few short weeks and things look completely different! We've got loads of articles, almost too many! Every day it seems a new article is announced online (by the little annoying 'ping' noise my email makes - can't turn it off) and not only do we now have a full fanzine for you to choose from, but even have the luxury of having a few pieces that we couldn't make space for, that will now have to patiently wait for their chance later on in the season.

Climb aboard this optimism bandwagon and pick up your copy of issue 116 of The Wanderer, 54-pages of reinvigorated joy, free to WWISC members and just £1.50 to everyone else, only available from the WWISC stand on the left hand side of Hillbottom Road just as you approach the Adams Park gates.

INSIDE THIS ISSUE: Rob Couhig answers your questions, Tom Hancock looks at our new signings, the 2018/19 Nolan Award winner is revealed, Mark Commode reviews The Unknown Torres and you can test your Wanderers knowledge in our Big Fat Quiz of the Season.

Pick up your copy before Gareth buys them all.

Comments

• Looking forward to collecting mine.

• Thanks, Jonny. Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow. Good work (I assume).

• Hopefully you'll have some leftover for the Franchise match as I'm away this week.

• @MindlessDrugHoover Not to worry, there will be more on sale then.

• Phew! Missed my copy too.

• @Jonny_King is there anyway I can send the money and you send it via email?

• Excellent edition guys, well done.

• Yup. Typically good read. And good to say "hello" to you there today, @Jonny_King.

• @Bacon_Sandwich If you send your name, address and a cheque to WWISC at the address on their website, £12 will get you all four copies for 19/20 (£6 for the fanzines and £6 for postage x 4) I think the club address is on the wwisc website. It will be £6 for the mags and £6 postage.

• Oh I see, you mean you pay £1.50 and I email you the PDF? I'd imagine that's ok, but I'll just check with the committee first if that's alright.

• @ValleyWanderer @HCblue Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it. It was lovely to meet several Gasroomers today, including a few for the first time such as HC. (Sorry I'm so weird to talk to by the way. A lot more comfortable writing my thoughts than articulating them!)

• @Jonny_King said:
    Oh I see, you mean you pay £1.50 and I email you the PDF? I'd imagine that's ok, but I'll just check with the committee first if that's alright.

I would subscribe if that was introduced.

• @Jonny_King said:
    @ValleyWanderer @HCblue Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it. It was lovely to meet several Gasroomers today, including a few for the first time such as HC. (Sorry I'm so weird to talk to by the way. A lot more comfortable writing my thoughts than articulating them!)

Same here, on the whole. Again, very good to meet you.

• @Bacon_Sandwich Hi, I'm afraid it's a no go with emailing it, so the best route to go down, if you can't get to the game, is to pay for a subscription and postage.

Alternatively, there will be more on sale before our next home league game.

• Thanks for bailing me out Jonny after the loss of my wallet which my wife discovered on the bathroom floor! (Not the first time that’s happened.). I’ll sort it out with Colin at the next home League game. Not got round to reading it yet but looking forward to doing so tomorrow.

• @micra Glad the wallet was found ok, you must have been worried. I put the money in, so no need to settle up. Happy reading!

• That’s very kind thanks @Jonny_King but I insist!
    Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations with catering queues (lines). I’m sure Couhigs + Mark P will be working on that. Bigger gates are a problem in that respect!

• There will be more copies of issue 116 on sale before tomorrow's game. I'm not sure there's that many left, so please do get yours early to avoid missing out.

Thank you to everyone who picked up a copy before the Bolton game. We really appreciate your support.