Skip to content

Rebellion Tent at AP

2»

Comments

• Roasted nuts is one of their most popular but better on a colder day for me.Smuggler or zebedee would have been good.

• IPA for me. Cound drink that stuff all day. No hangover with it either.

Sadly they'd run out of it by the time I got to the front of the queue yesterday

• Finished a few of the barrels in the Vere well before the game, switched to bottles. Went to the tent after the game where the rebellion iPa was excellent and a great atmos, hope they keep,this for the season.

• All home games this season @Ozzie_the_Relaxed . I’ll drink to that.

• On the plus side, good to hear that the Rebellion was drunk dry, which will encourage the brewery to continue to supply us with more and build closer links with the club. A good advert for other local suppliers thinking of coming on board too.

• The. Bolton fans seem to have enjoyed their trip down. Couple of comments from one of their forums:

“We saw Raymond Blanc at Wycombe train station. Don’t get much more of a middle class away day than that

Well talking of middle class , who else drove in via the M40 junction 5 ( Stokenchurch & West Wycombe ) ?

Saw a big "Blackpool Whites " flag outside one country pub , but a few miles up the road the village of West Wycombe which was less than 10 minutes from the ground ( traffic permitting ) was stunning. ( National Trust apparently maintain and preserve the entire village )

Some excellent pubs

Felt like we were in a film set for the next episode of Midsomer Murders

and then after the game , forget getting wound up because you cannot get out of the car park for an hour - enjoy a beer or two on a warm summers evening with the Wycombe fans in the other beer tent - the one that still had some beer left

Its not football as we are used to it but by being so different its special charm made for a lovely day out , one that will live long in the memory.”

“What yesterday showed is that there is a life outside the premiership.

Wycombe seem to have a very clear view of their identity and are happy with that. We need to do the same. “

• Love that summary at the end.

Basically "Wycombe Wanderers, we know what we are"

• @bookertease said:
    The. Bolton fans seem to have enjoyed their trip down. Couple of comments from one of their forums:

“We saw Raymond Blanc at Wycombe train station. Don’t get much more of a middle class away day than that

Well talking of middle class , who else drove in via the M40 junction 5 ( Stokenchurch & West Wycombe ) ?

Saw a big "Blackpool Whites " flag outside one country pub , but a few miles up the road the village of West Wycombe which was less than 10 minutes from the ground ( traffic permitting ) was stunning. ( National Trust apparently maintain and preserve the entire village )

Some excellent pubs

Felt like we were in a film set for the next episode of Midsomer Murders

and then after the game , forget getting wound up because you cannot get out of the car park for an hour - enjoy a beer or two on a warm summers evening with the Wycombe fans in the other beer tent - the one that still had some beer left

Its not football as we are used to it but by being so different its special charm made for a lovely day out , one that will live long in the memory.”

“What yesterday showed is that there is a life outside the premiership.

Wycombe seem to have a very clear view of their identity and are happy with that. We need to do the same. “

What this ‘peep over the garden wall’ reminds me is how much I miss VITAL away fans reaction, always a great read - good or bad. Come back with this this season Vital, please.

• Great to see the beer was drunk..always a difficult one in making sure you have enough or too much left over which you have to throw away..maybe the club should look at other sized barrels where they could keep longer.

• Agreed, @Aylesburyblue. Definitely file running out under good problems to have had.

Except that they had got some more into the tent after the game which, assuming it was not brought down from Marlow during the game, suggests there might be room for improvement on the communication front among the club staff. I imagine there is not a runner going about from bar to bar, physically or via walkie-talkie, to check on how things are going. That might be a valuable process. Certainly, some people in the queue before the game were narked that they had run out. And, if they did not sell all of the barrels they had got in post-game, that would be wasted beer that would have actually been drunk had it been there earlier!

• As I understand it the Rebellion tent is going to be there for all home games this season. Great when the weather is like it was yesterday but was there much in the way of cover in the event of inclement weather?

• No, @micra. You could not have got all those present inside the tent had you wanted to. That'll need some thought at some point.

• On a day like yesterday rebellion tent will do well..on a cold the night in Nov it might switch to caledonian suite being busier.Its tricky stuff.