Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• Genuine LOL at the closing soundbite

• Catchpole you shithouse 😂

• Not a season ticket holder @bluntphil but please ask Rob the ‘Bear sized duck bs 10 duck sized bears’ question. Having seen the whites of his eyes I’d back him vs either.

• Tuesday night -8pm

First ever live RTB and we’ve got Rob Couhig in the studio to field your questions about the club.

The show will be live and available for all to listen to, while season ticket holders will receive an invite via email to put questions forward and join the chairman on-air. We’ll also take as many questions as possible from social media and here too.

Listen live in the Wycombe area on 106.6FM or from anywhere in the world online via Wycombe Sound website or Radio Player app.

• So..... anyone planning to call in to question Rob on anything?

• edited May 2023

Wonder if he'll get all humpy again if people ask questions he doesn't like. I notice that they have invited questions rather than a phone in, so it can all be easily vetted, so he probably won't.

• Post any questions on this thread and Phil might pick them up.

• Ah I didn't know this was the case.... probably a good call.... because I could see this going to be a bad call otherwise 🙃

• I'm very interested to hear this chat tonight.... with all the speculation about him possibly wanting an exit plan etc.... interested to her his views on the season ahead, squad development, next seasons aspirations... any word on stadium upgrades or the mythical new road...

• My guess is, it will be all nice easy questions that he will already have scripted an answer for

• You must be crazy.

Obviously they'll field the most insulting, cynical and motive questioning questions first.

Then maybe 5mins at the end asking about his favourite colour etc at the end.

• I’m expecting as a bare minimum 3 strikers signed and the news that a planning application has been made for the long awaited chair lift. Why we are dragging our feet on the latter is beyond me.

• I wonder if he's ever considered anger management counselling.

• He’s certainly not talking very well of the trust. He says he doesn’t understand their philosophy, that they are trying to ‘wag the dog’ and that the negotiations left a bad taste on his mouth. They’ve been the worst in his entire career apparently.

He said that he doesn’t understand why the Trust are trying to protect the club from him or anyone else.

It’s an interesting way to try and build relationships!

• Not that keen on his attitude. The trust might not be trying to protect the club against you Rob it’s the next guy and the one after. Especially as you said you had one foot out the door last season

• To be fair to Couhig, having joined most of the Trust members meetings over the last 2 years via Zoom, I find them often deeply frustrating, frequently disorganised, occassionaly risible in terms of the clear lack of prep by board members.

If they treat negotiations & questions from the main investor the same way I can understand his frustration.

• At least he appears to be being honest... if we like his responses or not.

• Sheffield Wednesday didn't miss out on the playoffs.... that was embarrassing

• Interested in the swearing question. I’ve always viewed the terrace as (excluding the obvious) being fair game for industrial language. There are plenty of other places to view the game if you have young ones or sensitive ears.

F’ing and j’fing on the terrace can’t be clamped down on surely.

• New director of recruitment sounds interesting. Guess that is dealing with agents and clubs rather than scouting as such which seems to have been left as part of MBs remit? I thought Andrew Howard handled that area?

• Can’t wait to see Casper progress next season!

• Yep.... I agree.... the terrace is the only acceptable place to f and Jeff

If you are sensitive to this sort of expression.... the terrace is not for you.

Plenty of other areas to view the game

• I found him to be refreshingly honest even if I didn't like some of his answers especially when he wandered into politics

• I don't feel he has dodged anything and been as honest as he can be.

I'm actually happy with his answers

• Stop calling terrace dwellers terrorists!