Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• Ironside!

• Great interview with Taff and I’m glad you mentioned the social media frenzy surrounding his omission from the match day squad.

Would love a Gareth Ainsworth special RTB, perhaps with some interviews with the likes of Ian Holloway and Gary Waddock.

• edited March 2022

Cheers for the feedback @Gary.

Great idea on the Gaz special - will look into making that happen.

And to that end, please feel free to contribute RTB/WTV ideas or what you’d all like to hear/see more of etc.

• Has there ever been an episode where the tables are turned and someone interviews you, @bluntphil ? I’d definitely find that interesting, I’m sure others would too.

• Having interviewed Phil for a written piece a couple of years back, I can confirm he is a great interviewee!

• edited March 2022

I've asked him questions while drunk in a pub but I didn't record it. He would definitely be a good interviewee though.

• @Chris said:
    Has there ever been an episode where the tables are turned and someone interviews you, @bluntphil ? I’d definitely find that interesting, I’m sure others would too.

Think the local station that seems to only broadcast to and from the car park interviews him most weeks

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Chris said:
    Has there ever been an episode where the tables are turned and someone interviews you, @bluntphil ? I’d definitely find that interesting, I’m sure others would too.

Think the local station that seems to only broadcast to and from the car park interviews him most weeks

Wycombe Sound do a weekly Wycombe Wanderers podcast available on iTunes. It’s a good listen with an ex player interview each week alongside the normal generic Ainsworth interviews. They have interviewed Phil directly about his route in to his current job. I recommend it.

I’d also like it if they continued doing it and the club didn’t hover up all the independent shows or their ideas.

• Thanks for the info @Right_in_the_Middle, I had no idea.

• I've just got round to listening this week and the music nearly caused a hernia. Excellent work @bluntphil !

• @bluntphil said:

And to that end, please feel free to contribute RTB/WTV ideas or what you’d all like to hear/see more of etc.

@bluntphil now the car park has become so famous I think the club are missing a trick. It’s on a hill, it has the Loakes Park gates, so I think we should refer to it as ‘The Slope’. ‘Pre booked parking on The Slope is £x’, or have it sponsored for extra revenue as in ‘Pre booked match day parking at the Rebellion Slope is still available’ etc etc you get the gist of it I’m sure!

• Or for sentimental reasons no sponsor but call it The Loakes Slope

• @username123 said:
    Or for sentimental reasons no sponsor but call it The Loakes Slope

Nice one!

• @username123 said:

This is fantastic. Great idea.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:

@username123 said:

This is fantastic. Great idea.

I have my moments @Bacon_Sandwich - not many, but I have them!!!

• @bluntphil said:

I found the interview with 'Red Card Roy' really interesting a while back, it's really interesting to hear the stories we know well from the other side. To that end, you could do a series of 'Alternative angles' on RTB. A couple of suggestions

-John Beck on the 94 play off final (as well as his role in Ainsworth's early development)
    -David Moss and his memories of that, ahem, 'tackle' by Jason Cousins

• Rick Holden on his world class coffee bean gesturing

• Kevin Nolan on why one of Kevin Nolan's biggest decisions as manager of Notts County was for Kevin Nolan to send Curtis Thompson on loan to fellow promotion rivals Wycombe Wanderers, with Kevin Nolan's blessing, and whether in retrospect Kevin Nolan might have made one of the biggest errors of misjudgement in the history of Kevin Nolan.

• Alan Smith would be a really interesting one.

I'd love to hear Mark Palmer's side of the story of his brief time involved with Wycombe as well, although with the podcast now "official" club media I suspect this might not be possible

Ken McKenna would be a great one

• Richard Harris or Andy Thomson would be good.

Harris was a DJ so maybe do him and Jonny Dixon together.

• @peterparrotface said:
    Richard Harris or Andy Thomson would be good.

Harris was a DJ so maybe do him and Jonny Dixon together.

Wasn’t Super Gavin Holligan a DJ too?

• Can’t listen till after lunch, will it still be available?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Can’t listen till after lunch, will it still be available?

I’ve just fallen in - kerplonk.

• That's the best RtB tweet yet. 10/10