Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• That was my favourite episode of the season. Lovely to hear how proud and upbeat Uche and Gaz were, and for the first time ever I knew the answer to Chairboys Spanish before Uri told me.

• Many thanks @bluntphil for all your contributions this season. We are very lucky to have you both on match day and with these excellent broadcasts.

• I was hoping Uri would be telling us the Spanish for “must-win game”...

• During a very difficult year RTB has always been there providing a great mix of content, music and humour, as well as reminding me what day it is. Thanks @bluntphil and keep it up next season please!

• @LeedsBlue said:
    I was hoping Uri would be telling us the Spanish for “must-win game”...

Or we have no plan B

• On a Spanish note, Rob should get the kiosks to start selling fresh Churros match day the kids would love it, guaranteed big seller

• Please @bluntphil end speculation that you are going to Preston as soon as you can! Thanks for your efforts this season as one of the few people to have actually seen us play in the Championship!

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    On a Spanish note, Rob should get the kiosks to start selling fresh Churros match day the kids would love it, guaranteed big seller

There's an idea. How about two tone blue sombreros for sale in the club shop?

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@MorrisItal_ said:
    On a Spanish note, Rob should get the kiosks to start selling fresh Churros match day the kids would love it, guaranteed big seller

Andale Andale Arriba Arriba

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

Andale Andale Arriba Arriba

Or should I say Andale Stockdale

• @Wendoverman said:
    Please @bluntphil end speculation that you are going to Preston as soon as you can! Thanks for your efforts this season as one of the few people to have actually seen us play in the Championship!

I was thrown out of Deepdale in the pursuit of post match interviews this season so can safely say I won’t be joining PNE any time soon.

• Top stuff this season @bluntphil , really enjoyed the regular installment of RTB. Love the opposition views although one slight bone to pick was the regional accents department's take on the Swansea accent, sounded more north Wales than the deeper, valley-esque lilt of Swansea (my mum's from Swansea!) but very good, funny and a real companion to the season. Keep it going Phil and glad to hear PNE are not going to poach you quite yet!

• Thanks for all the entertainment and insights, @bluntphil. Not forgotten the pint I owe you.

• I noticed the Swansea accent too @Ozzie_the_Relaxed - I thought it sounded closer to a border town like Wrexham. Over all though, the RAD's showing was very good this season, an impressive skill.

• Yes, there were times when The Championship looked like a league too far for RAD. But back down at a more comfortable Div One level I anticipate the experience of performing up the pyramid will bare dividends across the 48 game season. No Welsh teams to contend with must help (is Newport even in Wales if promoted).

• Greetings, hope you are all enjoying the summer and looking forward to getting back to football.

It’s been a tough couple of months for my family as we very sadly lost my Mum last weekend after a short illness. She was my biggest fan and never missed a commentary or podcast, she even used to pop on here occasionally to read the nice things you lovely lot would post about me (thank you). Her impressions of John Still and Gaz were pretty good whilst her opinions on Karl Robinson and Nathan Jones were very much in line with this parish. We are all missing her terribly.

RTB will be taking an extended break but I will aim to return in style in about the time it takes Stocko to take a few goal kicks with WW 1 nil up.

I’ll be back on comms for 3CR towards the end of the month although I have no idea what’s going on with iFollow yet, but I’m sure we’ll all find out soon enough.

Take care and COYB!
    Phil x

• @bluntphil said:
    Greetings, hope you are all enjoying the summer and looking forward to getting back to football.

It’s been a tough couple of months for my family as we very sadly lost my Mum last weekend after a short illness. She was my biggest fan and never missed a commentary or podcast, she even used to pop on here occasionally to read the nice things you lovely lot would post about me (thank you). Her impressions of John Still and Gaz were pretty good whilst her opinions on Karl Robinson and Nathan Jones were very much in line with this parish. We are all missing her terribly.

RTB will be taking an extended break but I will aim to return in style in about the time it takes Stocko to take a few goal kicks with WW 1 nil up.

I’ll be back on comms for 3CR towards the end of the month although I have no idea what’s going on with iFollow yet, but I’m sure we’ll all find out soon enough.

Take care and COYB!
    Phil x

So sorry to hear this Phil.

• Awwww Phil that sucks. So sorry that you have been through the mill. It's a horrid time to lose a parent and when the world is just going on around you and everything outside is normal you just want to scream.
    I hope you get back to work when you are good and ready and the team can put a bit of joy back in your life. You certainly brought it to ours last season.

• Condolences Phil, and Rest in Peace to your Mum. Take your time and we’ll all be very happy once you’re ready to return. You’re a massive part of the club, and certainly play a huge part in my enjoyment of it, so it doesn’t surprise me how proud of you your Mum was. All the very best to you and your family

• My condolences, @bluntphil. Even more importantly than your excellent commentary work, you seem like a thoroughly decent human being, and I can well imagine that your dear mother must have been quite some lady! I can only wish you and your family well in such a tough time.

• So sorry to hear this Phil. Take your time and take care of yourself and your family. The Chairboys family will welcome you back whenever you are ready.

• Really sorry to hear that Phil. All the very best.

• So sorry to hear this Phil. Look after yourself and those around you.

• That's very sad news, Phil. All the best to you and yours.

Rest assured there'll be a very appreciative audience as soon as you are ready to get back to the mike. Take care of yourself.

• Really sad news Phil, take care. We all really appreciate what you do.

• I am very sorry to hear your news, Phil. Take as long as you need. We will be very glad to see and hear you again when that time comes.

• Very sorry to hear of your loss. So nice to hear how proud she was of you and that she saw some of your well deserved praise on here. All the best to you and your family.

• So sorry to hear of your sad loss Phil. Condolences to you and your family.

• So very sorry to hear this, Phil. My condolences to you and your family.

• @Shev said:
    My condolences, @bluntphil. Even more importantly than your excellent commentary work, you seem like a thoroughly decent human being, and I can well imagine that your dear mother must have been quite some lady! I can only wish you and your family well in such a tough time.

Well said @Shev, all the best @bluntphil , hope to see you when you've taken all the time you need with the family.