Skip to content

Rob Couhig

Comments

• @eric_plant sadly this ground is getting eaten up by the views at either end. I hope it grows back 8n time.
    For me I seen alot less than I've heard from the Couhig's. Lots of talk of change but my match day experience on Saturday was much the same apart from a different beer in a different tent location. It will be interesting to see if it is actually possible to change some of the things they talk about.
    Rob Couhig clearly needs to feel loved and it worries me how sensitive he will get once the initial gloss has gone. We won't get served up nice sunny roll over wins again.
    I am happy with the progress so far but haven't made any decision on them longer term yet. To be honest I still don't see hiw a majority share vote can be won.

• To the best of my knowledge (although, for all I know, @eric_plant may be a pseudonym for @NiceCarrots) none of the unhappy whatever characters has ever shown any inclination to suggest alternative measures to improve our financial situation let alone put themselves forward to be Trust Board members.

• @eric_plant said:
    is there some middle ground between "everthing they do is wrong" and "you have no right to make any criticism unless you are prepared to stand to be a board member" I wonder?

Yes, of course there’s a middle ground and I think most sensible people occupy it, but there are certain posters (some of whom have gone quite recently) that seem to believe the Trust board is either incompetent or corrupt or both.

• To be fair I think all owners sensitive or not tend to get upset when results go bad and they are booed or called a ****

• @micra said:
    To the best of my knowledge (although, for all I know, @eric_plant may be a pseudonym for @NiceCarrots) none of the unhappy whatever characters has ever shown any inclination to suggest alternative measures to improve our financial situation let alone put themselves forward to be Trust Board members.

Well done, you've articulated the no middle ground scenario far better than I ever could with that post

• @Steve_Heyward said:
    Please ignore this comment, I am checking that my account is working

successfully

Welcome aboard @Steve_Heyward or welcome back. Quite a maiden speech if the former and you are new to this troubled scene.

I refer of course to your subsequent broadside.

• Crikey @eric_plant for a fleeting moment I thought you’d flipped and then I spotted the ‘no’! Well done indeed!

• the match day experience was better, I could hear the tannoy the burgers were better and the beer tent, Rome wasn't built in a day and things will take a few months to get into place but I can see clear progress, also the new screen yes they didn't pay for that but its a great addition and will see it used more and more I suspect.

• @rmjlondon said:
    the match day experience was better, I could hear the tannoy the burgers were better and the beer tent, Rome wasn't built in a day and things will take a few months to get into place but I can see clear progress, also the new screen yes they didn't pay for that but its a great addition and will see it used more and more I suspect.

Are you newly medicated or something? Finally a rational, measured post.

• @rmjlondon said:
    the match day experience was better, I could hear the tannoy the burgers were better and the beer tent, Rome wasn't built in a day and things will take a few months to get into place but I can see clear progress, also the new screen yes they didn't pay for that but its a great addition and will see it used more and more I suspect.

What have you done with Richie, you monster?

(Nice post.)

• edited August 2019

@micra said:

@Steve_Heyward said:
    Please ignore this comment, I am checking that my account is working

successfully

Welcome aboard @Steve_Heyward or welcome back. Quite a maiden speech if the former and you are new to this troubled scene.

I refer of course to your subsequent broadside.

No chance that's a first post. Marlow carrots perhaps? Although one mustn't speculate.

• And there’s me thinking I had to speculate to accumulate.

• @HCblue said:

@rmjlondon said:

(Nice post.)

I think richie has appointed a media team

• Richie employs a spin doctor/ghost writer now.

• @rmjlondon said:

In fact the majority of the money for the installation of the new screen and scoreboard was contributed by OWWSA.

• Is stubborn annoyance at the way the Trust have glossed over any democracy really worth being stubborn enough to vote for an option that will leave the club with more debt, and possibly write us off forever?

• All this black and white talk of democracy vs dictatorship glosses over that WWFC has been a representative democracy and the board was never meant to check with fans at every turn. Do that and things like Brexit happen.

• edited August 2019

@Wendoverman said:

@HCblue said:

@rmjlondon said:

(Nice post.)

I think richie has appointed a media team

No he has spent the summer at college doing a course on media studies!

• Does anyone know if the screen will show replays in the future? I must say I struggled to even read the score from the Woodlands whenever I glanced over at the screen.

• Not sure but it certainly did last time we had a working screen - not sure it necessarily adds much if it doesn't show replays. I understand they can't show anything contentious but goals and shots would be nice.

I'd be particularly annoyed if I'd spent money sponsoring a player as the font was so tiny that even those with the best eye sight would struggle to read it!

• @eric_plant said:
    I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. It is absolutely in their best interests to be on a charm offensive at the moment. They're doing it well, for sure, but their proposal needs to be weighed up with very careful consideration

@NorsQuarters said:
    All this black and white talk of democracy vs dictatorship glosses over that WWFC has been a representative democracy and the board was never meant to check with fans at every turn. Do that and things like Brexit happen.

Who has ever said check with fans at every turn?

• It certainly seems that they are criticized at every turn...

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Richie employs a spin doctor/ghost writer now.

I think he may have started secondary school now. In which case it pleasing to see that our taxes are genuinely helping educate the youth of today.

(Only kidding Richie - but you have started to add welcome nuances to your recent observations).(Not remotely patronising...)

• I quite like the new Richie.

• Yes......what with everything else happening with Wycombe and now Richie, I'm totally convinced now that I'm dreaming all this!

• @NorsQuarters said:
    It certainly seems that they are criticized at every turn...

Where is that? One bloke posting something today?

• That’s just today, but the Trust board has been constantly criticised by nicecarrots and MarlowChair and other posters have supported many of those criticisms. I am not saying that everything they’ve done has been perfect, but fortunately the majority of people realise that they’re doing their best in very difficult circumstances.

• @glasshalffull said:
    That’s just today, but the Trust board has been constantly criticised by nicecarrots and MarlowChair and other posters have supported many of those criticisms. I am not saying that everything they’ve done has been perfect, but fortunately the majority of people realise that they’re doing their best in very difficult circumstances.

Exactly.

• marlowchair in a new alias

• I understand that the new screen will be more active as the season progresses and that, on Saturday last, it was being "run in" as it were. More to come and, who knows, maybe even a larger font so that short sighted old buggers like me can read it.