Skip to content

Important Gasroom poll

There's only one way to settle this.

Poll not found

Comments

• @eric_plant has voted then.

• The "touchline" marks the side boundary of the pitch. Therefore it stands to reason that the ball has gone "out" to win a throw in.

• Indeed it has @mooneyman, but IMHO it's gone "out of play" and "in to touch".

I believe I offered this particular turn of phrase earlier in the debate to please all, but @micra (?) thought I was being facetious.

• What @Twizz said.

• edited July 2019

@Twizz said:
      Indeed it has @mooneyman, but IMHO it's gone "out of play" and "in to touch".

I believe I offered this particular turn of phrase earlier in the debate to please all, but @micra (?) thought I was being facetious.

It really is this simple.

Out of play.
      In to touch.

Touchline on the side of the pitch, thus "touch" is the area outside of the field of play.

Therefore, it can only be going "in to" this area, thus, "in to touch".

If there was such a thing of "out of touch", that would surely be the ball coming back from "touch" into play again. But even that doesn't exist, as it would instead be "in to play"

It really is that simple.

• The touch area in rugby and football is the area outside of the pitch, because by old rules the player to touch the ball down outside the pitch was allowed to restart the play. Therefore by kicking the ball from the pitch over the line, you are kicking it into the touch area (into touch, if you will)

• Better than the poll on the Facebook group about whether the drummer should start bringing a bell.

• Mickey Bell?

• Isn’t “in touch” part of rugby

• @floyd said:
      Better than the poll on the Facebook group about whether the drummer should start bringing a bell.

Please let this be a joke

• @eric_plant said:

@floyd said:
      Better than the poll on the Facebook group about whether the drummer should start bringing a bell.

Please let this be a joke

Bellgate has been going on for about a week now. It got rather heated but I believe the Honourable Drummer has now withdrawn the motion.

• Everyone's happy to see the bell end

• Jesus Christ a drum and a bell would certainly stop any foolish notion I ever had of going on the terrace. No true fan me.

• @LX1 said:
      Everyone's happy to see the bell end

As long as it’s mine.
      Saw your brilliant pome yesterday @LX1
      but have forgotten which thread. A repeat here would be good. (The CMS/JGS one.)

• The JGS thread of course. Eejit.

• Joe, Jason, Jack, Jacob, Jamie, Giles, (Josh?). Where will it all end? With Fred perhaps.

• With Jeremy I expect, now BJ is PM

• I’m with Jo.

• Does he still regret not being selected for the 2002 World Cup on home soil?

• Beg pardon?

• LX1LX1
      edited July 2019
    • @Twizz said:
      Indeed it has @mooneyman, but IMHO it's gone "out of play" and "in to touch".

Don’t recall that @Twizz but your near neighbour (@TheChair) offered something similar yesterday (“out of play for a throw in”) and in any case, “touch” is best left to the rugger buggers.