Skip to content

Bournemouth

Congratulations to Bournmouth, shows all to keep on dreaming, I will be dreaming of a lightning striking twice this Saturday COYB.

Comments

• Amazing achievement and lets hope they stay up next season!

• Eddie Howe deserves to manage in the top flight, he's done an incredible job over the years.

• Basically down to a billionaire Russian owner.

• Basically down to Eddie Howe! Fantastic future England manager.

• Wonderful patient passing football with great movement and flair. Love watching them. And what a superb surface. To think that as recently as 6 years ago they were on the verge of extinction and below us. I'm not sure that they have spent enormous sums on players either. As you say MBS, they have a tremendous young manager. I felt their joy this evening and hope to experience similar feelings in the not too distant future!

• It might be down to a Russian millionaires money but still requires a lot of hard work and effort and a great manager. If Wycombe had the offer of that kind of money would we take it I wonder?

• Whilst I am not denying Howe is a great manager, would he have been able to put together a team that plays that way with Ainworth's budget. Bournemouth overspent by £12m last year, who's to say Ainsworth couldn't have done as well with that financial backing?

• Eddie Howe is obviously a fantastic manager, but they are quite a cynical team.

Been awarded the most penalties of the league, and do gain any little advantage - which, to be fair, we do too...

• I am sure I heard on the radio that their Russian millionaire took the tab for Callum Wilson who is on £32k a week.

• He is a billionaire not a mere millionaire!

• Bournemouth's rise shows the power of money and it frustrates me a little that the story of their rise rarely carries this as part of the reason. Howe is a good manager and a perfect fit for them but I always see a silent asterix next to any story saying 'Please bear in mind the financial advantage they have over others. Also remember the administrations and penny in the pound deals put in place under previous owners that allowed them the continue'

I'm pleased for the fans of the club and I hope they continue giving it a go next season. Just don't tell me it's a template all other clubs can follow.

• Come on. Give Ainsworth 15 million and he will do the trick as well. Not saying he (howe) hasn't had a great impact, but he didn't set the world alight at Burnley did he. Money means you can buy the best around. They paid 3 million for Callum Wilson.

Alongside the fairytale are some overhanging questions about owner Demin. The Russian, a petrochemicals trader, has a house near Poole, but lives in Switzerland and does not speak to the media.

His UK business, Wintel Petrochemicals, is owned by a trust based in Guernsey and little is known about how he made his fortune.

Demin's money has been significant for the club, especially considering the fact they recorded a £15.3million loss in 2012-13 season, but they have managed to pass all Financial Fair Play checks recently.

Make your own assumptions but you will never have success without money.

• One assumes Sandbanks Redkanpp will be offering his Premier League 'Experience' and be there when the Board panics and ditches Eddie at Christmas....