Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jacob Gardiner-Smith

Few accounts on twitter linked Gardiner-Smith to Wycombe. Seems like he has an interesting background having played in Russia for a few years and then Hendon and St Albans last season

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/25921/jacob-gardiner-smith-is-back-from-russia-with-much-love/
https://englishplayersabroad.com/2018/05/12/jacob-gardiner-smith-the-englishman-who-plays-for-zenit/

Β«1

Comments

  • "He cites players like Sam Clucas, who have learnt their craft in Non-League as well as friend Luke O’Nien.

    β€œHe was in the Ryman Premier at Wealdstone four years ago and now he’s playing in front of 40,000 people on Boxing Day for Sunderland,” he says. β€œWe share a mindset that hard work beats talent and that’s the most important thing.”

  • That's all very interesting @StrongestTeam but not quite as interesting as the fact he's the son of Labour's Shadow International Trade Secretary Barry Gardiner. Mind blowing!

  • Reading those articles, he sounds like the perfect fit for the Ainsworth/Dobbo CV?

  • @aloysius said:
    That's all very interesting @StrongestTeam but not quite as interesting as the fact he's the son of Labour's Shadow International Trade Secretary Barry Gardiner. Mind blowing!

    @glasshalffull won’t like that.

  • Im sure the president of the Bourne End and Cookham ex Merseyside Conservatives Association, would have preferred it to be the son of Jacob Rees-Mogg !!
    I hear he is a big of the North East Somerset MP.

  • Seeing as hardly anybody in either of the traditional main partys seem to agree with the leadership of their own party, save a few careerist chancers , this is even less relevant than it might normally be on here.

    He certainly has an interesting story or two though and that assist on twitter is not bad either.

  • @StrongestTeam said:
    Seeing as hardly anybody in either of the traditional main partys seem to agree with the leadership of their own party, save a few careerist chancers , this is even less relevant than it might normally be on here.

    If you’re talking the wider party membership, this isn’t true at all (well it is currently half true, until Boris is picked.) Most Labour members are pro-Corbyn and most Tory members are pro-Boris.

  • @StrongestTeam said:

    He certainly has an interesting story or two though and that assist on twitter is not bad either.

    If you mean the new video posted by the clubs twitter that’s Alex Pattison, the player we’ve actually signed. A few of those a season and we’ll be in good shape.

  • @Chris said:

    @StrongestTeam said:
    Seeing as hardly anybody in either of the traditional main partys seem to agree with the leadership of their own party, save a few careerist chancers , this is even less relevant than it might normally be on here.

    If you’re talking the wider party membership, this isn’t true at all (well it is currently half true, until Boris is picked.) Most Labour members are pro-Corbyn and most Tory members are pro-Boris.

    He/she was quite clearly talking about the parliamentary parties

  • I think we can say that as despite Corbyn apparently being toxic, the 'British Public' 'demanding' Brexit, the sitting MP having been banged up for lying but embarrassingly demanding to keep her job and the fact they were defending a majority so slim Beery NIgel could almost smell a Westminster seat for his vanity party, the fact Labour retained Peterborough (a Leave voting seat I think) might suggest more people support the mad dog of Islington than the Daily Brexit would have us believe. And even our generously coiffered future Prime Philanderer seems to be alarming worried about our great nation voting for Jezza, despite maintaining our great nation would never vote for Jezza!
    I am left of centre and I find Barry Gardiner and his whiney voice extremely irritating...having said that I've never seen him or his son play football.

  • @ChasHarps said:
    Im sure the president of the Bourne End and Cookham ex Merseyside Conservatives Association, would have preferred it to be the son of Jacob Rees-Mogg !!
    I hear he is a big of the North East Somerset MP.

    The mental image of Rees-Mogg minimus being Wycombized by Gaz n Dobbo in the famous quarters is straight out of Lord Snooty. Made my day Chas.

  • edited July 11

    @perfidious_albion said:

    The mental image of Rees-Mogg minimus being Wycombized by Gaz n Dobbo in the famous quarters is straight out of Lord Snooty. Made my day Chas.

    "Filibustering b*****d, one knows what one is..."

  • @Ned_Ludd said:

    "Filibustering b*****d, one knows what one is..."

    Genius. I doff my cap to you

  • decended into rubbish again

  • Excellent @Ned_Ludd

  • If I were you I wouldn't waste my time descending @rmjlondon

  • Even following the disappointment of Luke Bolton’s generally underwhelming performances whilst on loan here, I agree with @floyd that signing on a permanent basis young players who’ve progressed well through the youth systems of bigger clubs (and performed well on loan elsewhere) is an important element of the way forward.

  • Excellent post @Ned_Ludd by the way !

  • @micra I think injuries did for poor old Luke...the ten or so minutes he played against Sunderland before getting crocked he looked a class player,

  • One of the problems with bigger clubs stockpiling young players is that age group football is almost tackle free. Hardly good preperation for the lower leagues.

  • My thumbs, guys. You know I’m obsessed and hypersensitive about such things!

  • Labour are always putting Barry Gardiner up for media work. He’s been on Question Time almost as much as Farage.

    Seems a decent chap but could send a glass eye to sleep with his oft deployed catchphrase β€œLet me make this ab-so-luuuuuuutley clear”. We have a bit of a Barry watch thing going on at work so I’m genuinely excited we might see him in the Vere.

  • @micra said:
    My thumbs, guys. You know I’m obsessed and hypersensitive about such things!

    Thanks friends!

  • Signing imminent according to Football League World. He will play in trial game against Barnet on Saturday, and if he impresses then he will sign for us next week.

  • I wouldn't take what writers on FLW have to say too literally, they make 90% of what they write up or just re-post what they've found on the internet. The owner is constantly being pulled up by their hosts for unsubstantiated claims

  • Pretty sure he is indeed one of the unidentified trialists at Barnet

  • Looked really good today, he is very much the sort of player GA would look to sign.

Β«1
Sign In or Register to comment.