Skip to content

Gape stays!

2»

Comments

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @Shev merge a couple of your suggestions into The Dompson Twins.

We’ve got love on our side...

Spot on, @LeedsBlue - you have my vote!

• Isn't that twice now DG has signed despite the fact everyone thought he would never sign! Gareth may be tactically naive, will never get us up/keep us up and only plays his mates...but that's got to be up there with any of his achievements

• It speaks volumes that the likes of Gape and McCarthy would rather play here than sign for the so called bigger teams.

• edited July 2019

For some reason I imagine our re-signing pitch was playing that Chesterfield goal on a loop, with the music from 'Titanic' in the background...

• @Wendoverman , obviously you're overlooking that Gapey IS now one of Gaz's mates.

• Great news. Gape and Thompson were absolutely crucial in central midfield last season.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well said @fame_46, I totally agree.

• Getting Good Vibrations from the DomCurt Beach Boys.

• @Shev said:
    Though our squad is still thin, we now have a bona fide starting lineup from last season.

Allsop
    Jacobson
    El Abd/Stewart
    Sido
    McCarthy
    Gape
    Thompson
    Freeman/Bloomfield
    Kashket
    Bayo
    Samuel/CMS

That team (including the three alternates) was very competitive last season, and adding some free agent/loanee depth (including hopefully Fred) would see us in a very good spot!

That team was competitive in games, but didn't get many points.

Great start re-signing Gape, but we desperately need more bodies and more quality.

• @micra said:
    Getting Good Vibrations from the DomCurt Beach Boys.

I can only imagine the horrors that name would become from the FB mob if they had a poor game or 2...

• That’s a very big if @Malone but I take your point. Memories of Crewe’s Kenny Lunt.