Skip to content

Shopping List

2»

Comments

• Is all this talk of Fred coming back wishful thinking or is there any background to it?

• Sadly until August 3rd everything is all just wishful thinking @yorkyblue

• We only have four strikers on the books. Bayo, Kashket, Samuel and CMS.

I think he'll get enough games through the middle and/or out wide to merit his inclusion in the payroll.

• Surely there’s no question that he’d be a very valuable addition. But it’s no more than fingers crossed time for now.

• Well apparently we came very close to signing him in January, so with PCH gone and depending on whether or not we can still afford him, I'd imagine he'll still be high up on GA's Amazon wishlist.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Well apparently we came very close to signing him in January, so with PCH gone and depending on whether or not we can still afford him, I'd imagine he'll still be high up on GA's Amazon wishlist.

hopefully there is also a 'If you bought this you might like this...' list as well

• Considering the prior quotes of Neil Harris, he is probably trying to sell him on ebay, with a description of all the negative things he can think of, before asking for a massive fee.

• do we know if Gape turned up to training ?

• And at which club?

• No photos of him in today's gallery. I do not think he would train with his contract expiring, even if he does end up re-signing.

On another note, it's a strange looking gallery, with the squad so small - barely enough players for a 5-a-side!

• No sign (to my old eyes at least) of either Bayo (not a great surprise) or Sido (hopefully well on the road to recovery or even on the road to some obscure corner of South America, pack on back).

• Interesting to see that Darius Charles has been training with the club. Presumably that's just us being nice and giving him the chance to train and get fit as he looks for a new club, but who knows?

Releasing him and not committing to giving him a new deal in May was an absolute no brainer. However, perhaps if (and this is a big if) he can prove his fitness and if the medical team can't see any potential problems, maybe we'd offer him a six month, performance-based deal and see how he gets on? A fit Charles is a good player at this level and gives us something we arguably desperately need at the back. I doubt he'll be getting many offers elsewhere, certainly not in League One.

• I'd make it pay as you play Jonny as we can't afford to waste wages on a player who misses loads of games through injury.

• I don’t think that’s allowed.

• I'd imagine there are easy ways round it - £5 a week standard wage with a £500 (or whatever) appearance bonus built in.

• Would surely breach national minimum wage provisions.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    do we know if Gape turned up to training ?

No he didn't mate.

• I reckon we need at least 8 signings!
    2 permanent midfielders
    1 permanent cb
    1 permanent cover lb
    2 wingers (Fred)
    And 2 loanees any pos
    Maybe a gk as well

• Definitely a commanding goalkeeper.

• Glad Gape didn’t mate. Most unseemly behaviour in a training environment.

Doubt whether we can afford a third goalkeeper @mooneyman, least of all a commanding one.