Skip to content

Wycombe v Bolton August 3rd

2»

Comments

• ‘Opening up the old main stand’ (Beachdean) to Trotters is all well and good, but who is going to sell them the tickets? My understanding is that Bolton backroom staff might not be in place at the beginning of the season to do the admin.

• It's probably better to play them early when they only have six players all worried about their wages than later when the Thai telecoms magnet comes along and saves them. Also if they cannot make the fixture (I believe this is not beyond belief) do we get the points?

• https://www.bwfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/ Bolton's senior squad as it stands. It may yet get smaller - Oztumer has been rumoured to be joining Charlton.

• Not sure I fancy Luca’s chances up against Akinfenwa.

• @th100 said:
    https://www.bwfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/ Bolton's senior squad as it stands. It may yet get smaller - Oztumer has been rumoured to be joining Charlton.

Forget the friendlies! Looking at that squad I vote we play them as soon as possible...

• I suspect that the game will probably be postponed if they can't get a realistic team out.

• @mooneyman said:
    I suspect that the game will probably be postponed if they can't get a realistic team out.

I highly doubt they would be able to postpone the fixture. They will play the game but with a large number of U23’s and U18’s in the squad.

• TBF, it may suit us too to have a 5-a-side game. The pitch is pretty much the right size!

• If it starts to have the feel of a Checkatrade fixture, there is a danger that some fans will get confused, and boycott it...

• @th100 said:
    Aaand Bolton's senior defender has left the club https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/statement-from-the-joint-administrators/

So they now have five recognised outfield players. You have to feel for the fans.

• I wouldn’t worry too much. I dare say they’ll have a bigger, and more expensive, squad than we will by August 3rd.

• Bolton’s senior defender?! Turned 18 in April and 10 first team games under his belt! Great prospect apparently.

• Not great all round but you'd think if someone can stump up a few quid, ditch the debt under a shady administration scheme and a decent section of fans can be retained they could well be better of than us in the not too distant future.

Blackpool have had to find players asap in similar circumstances in previous years. They'll find 11 no problems, wether they are any good or not is different. Could well be an advantage to teams playing them early.

• It might be sacrilege to say this, but at least they do have a decent manager...

• I hope you’re not suggesting that Gareth isn’t a decent manager.

• Seriously?? What do you think?

• Thought so but when you said ‘sacrilege’ it almost suggested that you thought our manager wasn’t decent.
    Glad to be proved wrong and happy to apologise.

• To clarify - as a former Reading player and Col U manager, it’s always dangerous giving him a bit of praise on here... but my personal opinion is that he has a decent track record as a manager, so the mammoth task of assembling a competitive squad quickly, and get them playing as a team, in just 5 weeks, has at least fallen to someone who would appear to be equal to the task.

(I still wouldn’t want anyone else than GA managing WWFC right now.)

• We were close to signing Phil when he was a player at Reading and I’ve come across him and his assistant Steve Parkin many times. They’re good guys and, as you say, good at their jobs.
    PS Sorry Malone, that’s two more people I like!