Skip to content

Craig, Bloomfield, Bean

I thought were excellent today...especially Beano at right back.
Craig chased everything. I thought Fred was lucky not to get a yellow for diving...but he seems to lack a bit of enthusiams to take players at at the moment....went down a bit easily for me...
Having said that...what Gareth has achieved this season let no-one rip asunder!
Obviously no-one told Morecanbe they had nothing to play for. I hope they turn it on for the last day of the season too!!

Comments

• They did all play very well on the weekend... but would you renew any of their contracts at the end of the season?

No to Craig.
    No to keeping Bloomfield and Bean. One or the other.

• Both Bean and Bloomfield are contracted to the end of next season

• Both Bloomfield and Bean have contracts till June 2016.

• Oh, I was under the impression they both expired this year. Not sure why.

• As Beano provides cover in the middle and at the back I would hang on to him. He does not seem as bad to me as others seem to think. Bloomfield has come in and done a decent job, as Murph has gone off the boil...and will do so again I reckon. As for Craig it is a tricky one...as McClure and Holloway are not exactly delivering...

• I really like bean when he's on form. Holloway has shown some great football so has mclure wene fit. Craig just dont do it for me sorry. Bloomfield does a goos job.

• Saying that he didn't do to bad sat but I just cant see him getting any goals in. If he does then he could make a great player.

• @JS_Watt said:
    Oh, I was under the impression they both expired this year. Not sure why.

Slighty outdated - http://www.chairboys.co.uk/onthenet/players.htm but here's a Contract list.

• I am unsentimental on Craig, I suspect he's cheap and is there mostly because he's ok with being a squad player. Which is not a bad thing.

Prolific he will never be but he grafts his arse off. Anyway, GA will have a better sense of whether we could do better for the same £££, maybe a talented youngster?

• Craig simply cannot be given a new contract. His goal record is awful, and I'd prefer to attempt to invest those wages in a striker who may score rather than one who just runs about.

I have also never forgiven him for the bonus palava of last season.

• @PBo said:
    I am unsentimental on Craig, I suspect he's cheap and is there mostly because he's ok with being a squad player. Which is not a bad thing.

Prolific he will never be but he grafts his arse off. Anyway, GA will have a better sense of whether we could do better for the same £££, maybe a talented youngster?

Hopefully Chairboys scouting network have such as player/s in their sights. Will be interesting May/June as a fair few Contract are up.

• Getting promotion on Saturday would help the building next season's squad immensely. The three week play off process puts a lot of clubs ahead of us in the race for these signings, especially the mythical 20 goal a season striker

• Don't know why I like Craigie, but I do, he tried so hard on Saturday, & lets not forget his pressure penalty at Torquay last year, think he is good to have around in a young squad, teaching some guile & 'ring craft'. Have to say Beano was great at full back as well, I'd keep him there & put Nico back in midfield on Sat. As for Blooms, he is our 'Hotel California' - he may check out but he can never leave.

• I thought Bean looked more comfortable there than he did in the midfield...

• Looking at the contract list on COTN, it's encouraging how many important pleyers we have under contract until at least 2016, Ingram, JJ, Sido, Pierre, Bloomfield, Bean, Hayes, Murphy and Wood.

• And all could do a job in League One don't you think?

• Agreed Floyd so whatever happens this season we'll still have a very good squad with only a few more additions needed, an experienced striker with a good goalscoring record at this level to partner Hayes is a must though.

• Not sure about that Wendoverman. I think 5 of those (Ingram, JJ, Pierre, Hayes and Wood) could do a job in League One.

• I agree with Baba, although I think Jombati would be a good back-up RB in League One.

• Jombati has had an exceptional season and could comfortably play in League 1 I'd say. We've certainly missed him these last few weeks that's for certain

• Agree Eric. The back five could all make the step up...if we could afford Alfie. Murph might get his early season mojo back if we go up. But we do need a League One goalscorer...

• If the rumours concerning West Ham's interest in Matt Ingram are true (and frankly if they had scouts at the match on saturday then why wouldn't they be interested?) then I wonder if we might be able to do a little deal with them and get Eliott Lee for next season?

He'd fit the bill perfectly I think, and we already have a connection with his dad having played for us

• I'd rather sell Matt & have him back on a seasons loan, he redefines the meaning of 'a 20 goals a season player' - he saved at least 5 on Saturday, were would we / will we be without him?

• if we could do that then that would be fantastic. And he's a local lad who supported the team as a kid as well, and it's brilliant to have someone like that playing for us.

• I've not heard the Ingram rumours but have been expecting them ever since our goalkeeping coach, and his mentor, left to join them.

Hasn't it been said that Alex Lynch has the potential to be even better than Matt? He's now older than Matt was when he had his debut and through his loan probably has more experience than Matt did. If we stumble at the final hurdle for promotion I wonder if GA might be tempted to give him the first team role when (I think it must be when not if) Matt moves on.

• Lynch looks decent in the warm-up when they are slamming shots at him, but if we cannot have Matty back on loan I would look at the availability of Williams if Tranmere go down. He looked excellent at AP.

• as did Max Power in midfield, proper Duracell Bunny

• Given that we have had a Goal Keeper on trial from Gibraltar, (Goalkeeping coach was is it Lee Harrison? joined West Ham) and that Ingram is on Contract till June 2017. I am up for anyone on here, who wants to wager Ingram will be sold by the year out.