Skip to content

Gerrards Cross C of E School/WWSET win at Wembley today

Congratulations to GX (my old school) in wining the EFL Kids Cup for U-11s today, defeating Leighswood of Walsall 1-0 at Wembley.

Comments

• Sign them up!

• Meanwhile, after congratulating our local representatives on their superb achievements, I find myself (somewhat selfishly) wanting Sunderland to win despite my family and friends’ connection with the Addicks. Why? Because I want to see Charlton at Adams Park again next season and I also have the dream of seeing Luke O'Nien doing so well in the Championship that other clubs line up with bids for him that Sunderland would not be able to refuse.

• Sickener for Sunderland.

• It was a great free kick taken just inside the opponent's half and lofted over everyone including the goalkeeper. Such accuracy that many professionals would be proud of. Scored by the team captain, number 14 but I didn't catch the lad's name.

• Congratulations to all involved. The kids themselves and all those working in the club’s community programme.

Easy to overlook this sort of thing but it’s something we should definitely take pride in.

• Loving the 70s kit