Skip to content

Rule changes for next season

Just reading up on these, so I won't make a fool of myself shouting at referees for making decisions that would previously have been erroneous but now won't be: https://www.the-ra.org/news/ifab-law-changes-2019-2020

Comments

• I see a couple of those are aimed at reducing time wasting. Time for plan B Gaffer :-)

• I'm gonna need some help with the amendment to handball - what's the difference between making the body unnaturally bigger and making the body naturally bigger?

• Make sure any substituted player is in the centre circle for maximal time wasting.
    Not the old send them to the opposite wing routine 10secs before.

• @Wisdom_Of_Harry said:
    I'm gonna need some help with the amendment to handball - what's the difference between making the body unnaturally bigger and making the body naturally bigger?

Hopefully the referees deem Bayo's body to be "naturally" bigger!

• One rule I would like to see brought in is that when a team takes a corner kick the ball must travel at least 10 yards. This would stop the time wasting tactic used by many teams ,including our team , of keeping the ball by the corner flag near the end of games. Not good for the game as a spectacle .

• @Wisdom_Of_Harry said:
    I'm gonna need some help with the amendment to handball - what's the difference between making the body unnaturally bigger and making the body naturally bigger?

One comes from steroids, the other from crisps

• My suggestion of steroid flavour crisps was sadly rejected by Walkers.

• Could be an opening for a new brand of crisps: Weightlifters

• @Wendoverman said:
    My suggestion of steroid flavour crisps was sadly rejected by Walkers.

I heard they experimented with the flavor, but the crisps would no longer fit in the bag.

• edited May 2019

My suggestion of steroid flavour crisps wad rejecte> @Shev said:

@Wendoverman said:

I heard they experimented with the flavor, but the crisps would no longer fit in the bag.

And I understand the focus group discussion went from mild disagreement to paranoid argument to physical violence very quickly...

• @Wendoverman said:
    My suggestion of steroid flavour crisps wad rejecte> @Shev said:

@Wendoverman said:

And I understand the focus group discussion went from mild disagreement to paranoid argument to physical violence very quickly...

The moral of the story is to never discuss important matters outside Tescos.

• Thankfully we in the Gasroom always stop at paranoid arguments...

• @Shev said:
    Thankfully we in the Gasroom always stop at paranoid arguments...

Wait, what, is this a dig at me?