Skip to content

The magic merry-go-round

I noticed Danny Cowley had been linked with the West Brom job.

Whilst the club's achievements in the last few years had been impressive, it had been done with a decent level of investment and Lincoln have been, arguably, punching below it's weight recently.

The Cowley brand of football seems similar to Ainsworth's in that is percentage based and e emphasis is on containing the opposition as much as expressive play.

So, why is Cowley (rightly) lauded and linked to very big jobs and Gareth seems as far away as ever from climbing the ladder?

Comments

• Well he hasn't got the West Brom job yet, and Gareth was recently strongly linked to QPR.
    The way he said "let's see what happens next week" suggested he thought there was a good chance he'd get it too.

Football is big on recency too.
    A manager winning a title, even in the division below us, will very likely be more attractive to a team than a guy holding us in 17th . We know the achievement involved, but it's just the way it is.

If Cowley is in 17th next season, I dare say he won't be anywhere near a Champ teams radar.

• Cowley is going to Oxford according to my mate Morris. Not the team manager but a minor role.

• Leaving a manager's job to be kitman at Oxford?

• @Malone said:
    Leaving a manager's job to be kitman at Oxford?

But who wouldn’t want to be the kitman at such a prestigious club who once won the football league cup? Talk about living the dream.

• @Baldric said:
    Cowley is going to Oxford according to my mate Morris. Not the team manager but a minor role.

I’d heard that. Would be a Mini coup for the PNL but the offer of a boat at the Marina must have sealed the deal.

• Should take more than 1100 fans there next season.