Skip to content

Pierre if he were to get a yellow card at Northampton would he...

...he be banned if so for how many games? If he would and yellow card count gets reset after last game would it be worth resting him next week?

Comments

• I think autos are gone, let's recuperate our platers for stevenage away...we need one last push and with out best team, desperately need JJ and SS available

• @Watford_Blue no he's currently on 13 yellow cards. 15 yellow cards produce an automatic three match ban.

• @Midlander so he can't afford two yellows in potentially the next three games or is there an amnesty for the play offs?

• You're all thinking too far ahead. Let's concentrate on beating Northampton then worry about the rest. If Bury or Southend are a couple of goals up at half time, maybe bring Fletcher on for him if a ban is possible. This also gives Fletcher some vital experience.

• I did wonder if GA might consider resting one or two key players at Northampton but that, as someone has already said, would be defeatist and we don't have the replacements to fill the gaps in any case. He'll play the strongest side available. JJ should be OK if recent reports are accurate and, although it must be tempting to give Sammy Wood a break - he ran himself into the ground again yesterday - perhaps the best case scenario (and I'm being super-optimistic here) would be that we are 2 goals up with half an hour to go and he and one or two others could be substituted after 65 or 70 minutes. Every little helps. The matches against Cheltenham and Exeter were equivalent to 2 and a third matches in the space of 4 days - in total there were 30 minutes of added time!

Finally, I don't know what Matt McClure's latest injury is but wouldn't it be a real Roy of the Rovers situation if he re-appeared at some point during the next couple of weeks and scored a few of the goals that we know he is capable of.

• BSEBSE
    edited April 2015

Bookings dont get carried into the play-off's as they aren't part of the regular season right?

• I think that's right so AP can be his usual robust self!

• Well said Rolo. We should go all out to beat NTFC and try and go up. Only if it looks a massive price in the second half should we consider resting anybody. Happily Garreth was making the right noises after Saturday

• We've got to just go all out to win as we know the worst that can happen is we end up in the playoffs and automatic promotion still a possibility if we win, Southend lose and Bury lose or draw

• If Morecambe play as they did on Saturday and Tranmere attempt to atone to their fans for their abject season...a win at the Cobblers could do it. Gotta go for it...