Skip to content

Wycombe v Slough next Saturday (18th)

With the regular EFL football season now over you may be interested in more Wycombe v Slough rivalry next Saturday. High Wycombe take on Slough in the Home Counties Cricket League at London Road. The first part of the season is played as a 50 over per side match starting at 11.30. Food and drink are available as is the FA Cup Final on the big screen in the clubhouse at 5pm. High Wycombe CC dates back to 1823 and has the same light and dark blue colours as the famous Wanderers up the road. So with nice weather forecast you could do a lot worse for Saturday entertainment than a bit of top quality 50 over club cricket down by the Rye.

Comments

• It could be an intriguing contest, with I understand some shenanigans at Slough over the closed season.

I believe which has resulted in their 3rd/4th team captain now taking over the 1st team and a number of last years first teamers alledgedly moving to High Wycombe.

I'm not sure it will be close but there could well be an atmosphere!

• There’d be an atmosphere at Wycombe v Slough even at dominoes!

• Actually there used to be a dispute at least once every other year when the local chess teams met, but it has calmed down recently :)

• I’m glad Andy has drawn attention to the Home Counties Premier Cricket League, the top level for club cricket in these parts, as it’s a good way to spend a Saturday in the summer. I have yet to see a game in this league but I will be getting along to a few this season, mostly at my nearest club, Buckingham Town, newly promoted to Division 1.

In Division 1 are Aston Rowant, Banbury, Buckingham Town, Datchet, Finchampstead, Henley (champions last two years), High Wycombe, Horspath, Tring Park, and Slough.

Format in this division is 50/50 first 5 games and last 4 of the season, with timed 120 overs for the middle 9 matches.

Division 2 has Amersham, Burnham, Chesham, Cookham Dean, Dinton, Harefield, Oxford, Oxford Downs, Thame Town and Wokingham.

Format is 50/50 first 5 games and last 4 of the season, with timed 110 overs for the middle 9 matches

More details on http://hcpcl.play-cricket.com/. Feeder leagues to the HCPCL are the Cherwell Cricket League and the Thames Valley Cricket League.

• High Wycombe 350-4 after 49 overs. Louth 100, Marles 141 not out. Slough being put to the sword (as it should be of course!).

• High Wycombe 364-4 off their allotted 50 overs. Dan Marles ended up 154 not out.

• Slough 111 all out. Emphatic win for High Wycombe.