Skip to content

New owners?

Could someone please download the picture from the Bucks Free Press on-line article onto this thread?

The article is titled Wanderers Chairman Stroud confident etc. and the picture shows Stroud in the directors box with two other fellas who look uncannily like Fahri Ecvet and Rob Jansen of Wasserman.

Comments

• https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/17628835.wycombe-chairman-trevor-stroud-talks-about-budget-cuts-and-the-latest-investment-updates/

Wycombe Wanderers chairman Trevor Stroud admitted things will be tough for the Chairboys over the next few months but backed Gareth Ainsworth and his squad to defy the odds again in League One.

With the news this week that six key players will be released by the club this summer and with budgets being cut across the club, the outlook looks even trickier for the Blues next season.

However, Stroud, speaking exclusively to the Bucks Free Press, is convinced that the playing and management staff can pull together again despite an even lower budget for next season.

He said: "It looks like we will have comfortably the lowest budget in League One and some League Two and National League sides will have a higher budget than us.

"Once again, we will look to defy the odds as we have done for a number of years now and I back Gareth and the squad to do the job once again.

"It is never nice releasing six players. I have two hats on in this job. One is my fan hat and the other is the commercial side but we have made the tough decision and I wish the players all the best and thank them for their hard work."

Three players, Adebayo Akinfenwa, Scott Kashket and Dominic Gape have all been offered new deals.

Gape, in particular, has had a fine season and will no doubt attract interest but Stroud is hopeful that the trio will extend their careers at Adams Park.

He added: "Dom is a great player. He is settled in the area and I am optimistic all three of them will sign new deals but we have to wait and see."

Stroud also gave an update in terms of investment for the club following the collapse of the deal involving Bill Luby and Jim Collis recently.

The Wycombe chairman was upbeat that a deal could be struck, with one party in particular of interest and admitted the Trust learnt that lessons with the amount of time the process took with Luby and Collis.

Stroud added: "There is a party who continued to alert me of their interest when Bill and Jim's proposal was on the table.

"You always learn lessons and we hope to move things along more quickly. Once there is an update, I will alert the Trust and we can put the right process in place."

Stroud also looked back on last season with pride at the way Ainsworth and his squad secured survival.

He said: "I said at the start of the season that I would have taken 20th place and staying up on goal difference.

"The work that Gareth and Dobbo and the players have done was fantastic and to achieve that five-year plan was superb and I can't pay tribute enough."

• Wasserman is Akinfenwa's agency so its probably not as exciting as it seems. They probably just came to watch him play.

• Top detective work, although they are agents rather than prospective buyers I would assume

• It is described as a library image

• ‘Six key players,’ is classic BFP nonsense.

• He said: "It looks like we will have comfortably the lowest budget in League One and some League Two and National League sides will have a higher budget than us

So our budget I s lower than accrington Stanley's then is a joke if our budget is lower than national league sides unacceptable.

• Why is a joke Trev?

• @trevor said:
    He said: "It looks like we will have comfortably the lowest budget in League One and some League Two and National League sides will have a higher budget than us

So our budget I s lower than accrington Stanley's then is a joke if our budget is lower than national league sides unacceptable.

Accrington Stanley do not have the debt levels we have.

They are in an area of the country where wages are much lower.

They do not have the same maintenance costs for their ground and facilities.

You can call it a joke all you want, but its the reality of football economics.

• @trevor you think the fact that our budget might be lower than a National League side being bankrolled by five or six multi-millioniare former players is unacceptable?

• edited May 2019

@trevor said:
    He said: "It looks like we will have comfortably the lowest budget in League One and some League Two and National League sides will have a higher budget than us

I have a suggestion Trevor. Get together with some of your mates and lead a consortium to take over the club. We would then have millions for Gareth to invest in the squad to cruise into the Championship.

• The fact Trevor's trolling has got far more bites than @NiceCarrots strategic mischief making will annoy him so much. I like that.

• Indeed @Right_in_the_Middle now that Gareth's at QPR who knows what's going on at the top of the club?

• In fairness @Trevor is spot on.
    After all, didn't we sell a player a couple of seasons ago.
    Surely that money is still there and permanently available?

Also, Matt Phillips still has a sell on clause right?

• You’ll befuddle Trev @Malone. I have a soupçon of a feeling that he may not be receptive to irony.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    The fact Trevor's trolling has got far more bites than @NiceCarrots strategic mischief making will annoy him so much. I like that.

Yeah but can you imagine how annoyed @marlowchair will be at the very sight of Stroud in the image above, given how much of a personal vendetta he has against him? He'll literally be vomiting into his boots. So very thoughtless of his partner in crime.

• See the guy in the jacket on the left @YorkExile

That is @marlowchair

• The guy on the left with no head?

Or actually Mr Stroud is Marlow chair?

The latter would be a hilarious development!

• Thanks Oxford Blue for posting the picture.

As I understand there are two/three various parties sniffing around.

The trouble is once again people have made their mind up already without doing the due diligence - like for example are the funds a result of money-laundering?

Given Kerr and Hooper and Luby and Collis etc. I couldn't give a toss which bidder the board prefer just do the due diligence, do the homework including proof of funds and present us - not spin us - the information and let the members decide.

The off the field management needs to step up to the standards set by Gareth and Richard whose prospects are being limited by our inability to control costs while continuing to neglect the commercial side.

• People at top of club meet people.
    Didn't the board decide Andy Harman bid was untenable...then gave him the chance to present...and it seems it was untenable...and he's not come back now there is an open field again. Possibly...I've not heard of any Travel Tavern meetings. So either they did their job...but some people did not like it.
    They did their job and they were correct in their assessment
    ...or they punched Andy in the throat and urinated on his deal just out of spite so he's too upset to re-present.
    Not saying I agreed with the Bid We Never Saw...but they do seem to be getting it in the neck.

• Oh gosh. I think the dreadful hackneyed expression is “we are where we are”. In the absence of any rush forward from the usual suspects with ideas on how to revolutionise the commercial management of the club (or indeed anything that I can recall in the way of suggestions on how it might be improved) could there not be a verbal ceasefire or at least discussion directly with the Trust Board. It’s bad enough already but I can see the whole dreary business dragging on ad infinitum. Couldn’t we just bury the hatchet and let the current incumbents get on with it?

• @NiceCarrots
    "The trouble is once again people have made their mind up already without doing the due diligence - like for example are the funds a result of money-laundering?"

Seems to me the only person who has already made up their mind is YOU. How can you possibly know what level of due diligence has been done? And as for the suggestion that it's some kind of money laundering, quite frankly that's shameful unless you can substantiate it?

• edited May 2019

I've made my mind up. Trevor Stroud is H

• I think Marlow Chair is Mrs Stroud!

• @NiceCarrots
    From where I am looking from you've just made up a possible investor from a library BFP picture then followed up with abuse aimed at the board around why they haven't done due diligence on the made up investor?

I think I can see what you are trying to do but I am hoping more and more are now seeing through it. Trevor is making more sense.

• edited May 2019

I think money laundering might be a bit easy to spot in a club with as limited of a budget as ours, if an audit was done.

"And what is this $30,000,000 line item for 'crisps'?"

• @Shev said:
    "And what is this $30,000,000 line item for 'crisps'?"

Quite feasible with @Wendoverman's appetite for them.

• crisp laundering is beyond the pale.

• Makes them a bit soggy.

• Well, this more like it. Considered debate.

• Much more fun.