Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pubs for Ipswich?

From Adams Park to the home of Adnams. Bank Holiday please fixtures calculator.

Comments

  • Away fans welcome in The Station, (opposite the station) i'm informed.

  • The home of Adnams is a good 35 miles away in Southwold. Basic Suffolk real ale knowledge...

  • Home of Tolly Cobbold if memory serves me well. It used to be hard to find a pint of Adnams in Ipswich back in the day.

    But certainly the one away day Iā€™m looking forward to more than any other next season

  • @ReadingMarginalista said:
    The home of Adnams is a good 35 miles away in Southwold. Basic Suffolk real ale knowledge...

    Yeah but like Bury and Bolton which are basically trips to Manchester and Sunderland away which was a nice trip to the toon..

  • The main away supporters pub is the Riverside Station Hotel, which as the name suggests, backs onto a river and is located close to the railway station which is only a five minute walk away from Portman Road. Otherwise, the Punch & Judy pub on Cardinal Park, which is close to the ground and is a pub which is family orientated and where both sets of fans can go. If you arrive in good time then you can take the walk into the town centre where there are plenty of pubs to be found. Of particular note is the Lord Nelson in Fore Street, which is an interesting pub that sells Adnams beers. Also, there is the Dove Street Inn on St Helens Street which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Alcohol is on sale inside the ground though that it is not available to away fans at half time.

  • @thedieharder said:
    The main away supporters pub is the Riverside Station Hotel, which as the name suggests, backs onto a river and is located close to the railway station which is only a five minute walk away from Portman Road. Otherwise, the Punch & Judy pub on Cardinal Park, which is close to the ground and is a pub which is family orientated and where both sets of fans can go. If you arrive in good time then you can take the walk into the town centre where there are plenty of pubs to be found. Of particular note is the Lord Nelson in Fore Street, which is an interesting pub that sells Adnams beers. Also, there is the Dove Street Inn on St Helens Street which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Alcohol is on sale inside the ground though that it is not available to away fans at half time.

    (From Football Ground Guide)

  • @StrongestTeam said:

    @ReadingMarginalista said:
    The home of Adnams is a good 35 miles away in Southwold. Basic Suffolk real ale knowledge...

    Yeah but like Bury and Bolton which are basically trips to Manchester and Sunderland away which was a nice trip to the toon..

    Getting to Southwold from Ipswich in the evening by public transport might be a bit trickier than getting the metro from Sunderland to Newcastle!

  • @ReadingMarginalista said:

    @StrongestTeam said:

    @ReadingMarginalista said:
    The home of Adnams is a good 35 miles away in Southwold. Basic Suffolk real ale knowledge...

    Yeah but like Bury and Bolton which are basically trips to Manchester and Sunderland away which was a nice trip to the toon..

    Getting to Southwold from Ipswich in the evening by public transport might be a bit trickier than getting the metro from Sunderland to Newcastle!

    As you might have guessed I haven't researched this in any detail but am looking forward to it.

Sign In or Register to comment.