Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood

13»

Comments

• The young keeper looed pretty handy in the warm up, could be a keeper

• @Glenactico I'm pretty sure Blooms has another year left on his contract - got 2 years last summer IIRC, so no need to worry.

• blooms looked like he had another year in him ? priceless comment lol

• We have to build our squad according to our budget @rmjlondon, a bigger budget would undoubtedly see a much changed set of front line players within a good sized squad. It is also a key GA element to retain a 'special attitude' in the dressing room, so personalities are important.

• The season's over Richie, go and enjoy your title celebrations and then take a 3 month holiday - longer if you like.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    The young keeper looed pretty handy in the warm up, could be a keeper

Didn’t drop anything on the pitch, I hope @NorsQuarters ?!

• P> @NorsQuarters said:

The young keeper looed pretty handy in the warm up, could be a keeper

Cameron Yates, 20 (just) year old Scotsman. Same age as that excellent ‘keeper (Aaron Ramsdale) that Wimbledon had on loan from Bournemouth.

• Excelled for Leicester U18s.

• Had bean come off for Bolton and then sk for Freeman I would not have complained. As it was I stormed out of Adam's park on the final whistle without shaking gareth's hand.

• Time wasting and a tendency to.be rooted to his line apart rocky is a competent keeper at this level.

• @micra said:
    First time I’ve heard Joey Barton interviewed. In the context of chances - including a couple of virtually open goals - he is absolutely spot-on when he talks about their superiority but we were the more attacking side overall and they depended on errors/sloppiness on our part (sound familiar?) for their opportunities on the break. We were saying in the Vere afterwards that if Fleetwood had taken all their chances we could have lost 4-1. And he is right too about the absence of Ched Evans (injured) and the uncharacteristically poor finishing of Paddy Madden. Between them they have scored nearly 40 goals this season.

If I was unaware of Joey Barton’s chequered past I would have regarded him, on the strength of that interview, as someone I’d be quite pleased to see on a shortlist to succeed GA.

Based on 1 interview?!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Had bean come off for Bolton and then sk for Freeman I would not have complained. As it was I stormed out of Adam's park on the final whistle without shaking gareth's hand.

I very much doubt our manager would have lowered himself to shake your greasy mitts after stuffing crisps down your gullet for the previous 90 minutes!

• @Malone said

“ Based on 1 interview?”

Of course. I didn’t spend years interviewing people without being recognised as competent in making initial assessments of their potential suitability. As I said, if I knew nothing about Barton other than that he’d been a successful professional footballer, I would at least have shortlisted him. Final decisions are made following discussion with others on the interviewing panel and, if necessary, follow-up on aspects of the candidate’s character and background.

On the basis of what was a very reasonable and articulate interview and on the style and achievements of the players he manages I would have seen him as a potential candidate. Follow-up enquiries would have revealed information that might well have disqualified him.

I just wanted (a) to argue against the view that he appeared to have been watching a different game and (b) to express my surprise at how well he came across.

• Well he's going to come across well, as most of us think of him as an angry criminal assault monger.

• @mooneyman you seem to be obsessed with crisps.

• Mr Barton is obviously a man of many moods I have heard quite a few stories of him actually being a very decent cove...then there's cigar stunning, headbutting and betting addiction. Nowt as strange as folk...

• I worry about your health @Wendoverman!

• Cigar stubbing of course. Not sure you can stun a cigar.

• By kicking the butt?

• It was Aguero, not Butt.

• That is literally the worst thing I've ever posted on the Gasroom. I am so sorry.

• Judging by the bit about Thiago Silva, I might let him run the Twitter feed if I wanted to get a bit of publicity.

• @jonny_king the summer is Richie's time...rumour innuendo and winding people up with his assessment of players and manager before a ball is kicked. His holiday starts with wins or any decent run of form.

• Quite a list there, 3 years old already, at least one "altercation" (Alleged assault and or racial abuse) with a fellow manager, drink driving ban and ban for breaking betting regulations to add to that, maybe more.
    People questioning why he wasn't suspended by Fleetwood have to realise that the people who employed him in the first place had seen this list before appointing him.

• The use of 'bad boy' to describe any appalling thick wingnut over 18 always gets my goat.

• @wingnut might take exception to that @Wendoverman!

• @micra if @wingnut ever describes himself as 'the Gasroom's Bad Boy' I will block him immediately...