Skip to content

Comments

• I thought 3PMs were banned from UK broadcasting?

• The rule is there to ensure that people actually attend the game. When a game is sold out it's possible to gain permission to to broadcast it on the basis that neither club is being denied any revenue from ticket sales.

• Ah interesting, thanks - makes perfect sense.

• So using the same logic could Wimbledon beam the game live in their bars around the ground and sell tickets for the screening?

• I've got a ticket but actually thinking about watching the game at Adams Park now Save on the petrol and will get a decent view of the game which I won't get at the ground.

• Their bars around the ground? Have you ever been to Kingsmeadow @Right_in_the_Middle ? Or did you mean nearby pubs?

• Ten quid???????

Bloody hell

• its not free and the club has no money - where were u when the brains were handed out ???? @eric_plant

• @rmjlondon said:
    its not free and the club has no money - where were u when the brains were handed out ???? @eric_plant

I sometimes forget you're part of MENSA Richie.

• I think it’s a bargain if that’s right. Time I clicked on to @Squidge’s link (if that isn’t an act of gross indecency).

• @rmjlondon said:
    its not free and the club has no money - where were u when the brains were handed out ???? @eric_plant

This is my proudest moment

• No, that isn't what I was saying

• @eric_plant, I assumed you'd meant to say that you thought £10 was quite cheap in the circumstances!??

• £10 to watch a beam back? I think I'll take the £17 for a restricted view at Wimbledon.
    A really rare chance to hear Gaz Ains from up close.

• I was going to say: 'What a great idea for fans not able to get there...' now I recognise it for the disgusting money grabbing insult to the fans it is.

• I just love the continual shifting in policy for these sort of things.

First, I follow was "Only" midweekers.
    Then it was suddenly allowed in the international break, even at 3pm Saturdays. But sometimes, not, for some reason.

Then it wasn't allowed over Easter. Then suddenly the Monday game was allowed on. (Infuriatingly - not the game 200miles away on the Friday a lot of us couldn't make)

Now - beambacks are suddenly fine, as long as it's a sell out.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I was going to say: 'What a great idea for fans not able to get there...' now I recognise it for the disgusting money grabbing insult to the fans it is.

Hardly. To set this up incurs the club in considerable costs. It is only reasonable for it to seek to cover those costs by charging the same fee for entry as you would have paid on iFollow had that option been available.

• edited April 2019

Sorry @AlanCecil I was joking...I was not offended by the £10 cost...

• This is a great idea. If I weren’t at the game I’d be watching the beamback. Good work by the club to get it sorted, hopefully plenty of people take advantage of it.

I wasn’t aware of the policy that a sell-out permits the game to be shown but it does actually seem quite sensible.

• Thanks for getting this shown @AlanCecil

I’ll come down and chuck a tenner in.

• Subject to confirmation of crisp availability of course.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    Thanks for getting this shown @AlanCecil

I’ll come down and chuck a tenner in.

I take no credit for this. I just help to publicise it so we cover the considerable costs.
    Main thanks should go to the club office staff and Stadium Manager, Gordon Reilly.

"Entry to the Caledonian Suite will cost £10 for adults and £5 for juniors aged 18 and under. The room will open from 1pm, with the bar open and the food counter serving pie and chips. Meanwhile, the shop will be open from 1pm to 3pm for ticket sales, season ticket renewals and shop purchases, including the kitman's sale of old stock."

I do not know about crisp availability!

• I misread that last bit as "shop purchases, including the kitman's stale old socks."

• Is that a new Walkers crisps flavour @MindlessDrugHoover?

• What old kit does the kitman have exactly?
    Bloomfields old pants?

• @bookertease said:
    Is that a new Walkers crisps flavour @MindlessDrugHoover?

Got to be nicer than their cheese, cucumber and salad cream flavour.

• How much does it cost to do this? How many people do we need to turn up to break even?

• @eric_plant said:
    How much does it cost to do this? How many people do we need to turn up to break even?

All the games are filmed anyway and they have broadcast kit for iPlayer games, few overheads on the day? Efl grubby hands out for rights maybe, shouldn't be huge, few hundred in the Vere drinking and you'd like to think we'd be up.

• Capacity is 350. Probably unrealistic to expect that many but a couple of hundred tenners plus food and drink sales should provide a useful profit. Potential for a great party atmosphere too of course. My AFC supporting mate (who lives in Missenden) declined my invitation to join us on the grounds that they have been rubbish this season. I tried in vain to convince him that they’ve been far from rubbish since Wally Downes took over.