Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hats off to Bradford City and their supporters

Comments

  • Looking on their site all season tickets cost £225 (excepting juniors under 16 which are £150 and under 11 pay £37.50). What will please Dev is that there are NO DISCOUNTS for seniors though.

    Bradford does have a population of 350,000 but I agree Eric that is great support.

  • To be fair, in recent seasons their team has provided them with plenty to shout about, so you can understand the loyalty. But still very impressive.

  • It also puts into perspective what a job, on limited funds etc etc, Gaz and team have done for us. Just imagine what we could achieve with a Bantam like budget.

  • We wouldn't have to put all our eggs in one basket!

  • Or pay our players chickenfeed.

  • Move us up the pecking order for sure

  • There might be roast chicken crisps as well.

  • We could definitely pay our players and staff more than a poultry sum.

  • With of bit of cluck we might reach the Championship.

  • Bradford City have a history of commitment to affordable football and being very inventive with season ticket incentives going back some time. It's admirable and we could learn a lot from them.

  • @Vital said:
    With of bit of cluck we might reach the Championship.

    That's a bit ova-ambitious.

  • But what happens if new owners use it to feather their own nests? No-one will be flocking to see us scratching about in the Cornference

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • The 50% increase for next season is the biggest surprise. Bradford have been selling season tickets for incredibly low prices for many years. It would seem that the most expensive ticket for the current season was a remarkable £150. A similar approach in this neck of the woods would not have as dramatic an effect on numbers of course because (a) the catchment area is substantially smaller and (b) there are too many bigger clubs within relatively easy reach.

  • We could try a similar scheme but we'd probably cock it up.

  • @MindlessDrugHoover said:

    That's a bit ova-ambitious.

    But we could shell out on better players.

  • @Manboobs said:
    But what happens if new owners use it to feather their own nests? No-one will be flocking to see us scratching about in the Cornference

    Is that when the chickens come home to roost?

  • What's good for some is less good for others. Implementing the Bradford pricing would result in higher ticket costs for me and many others who have young family members who attend with them.

    I have purchased for next season 1 x Adult, 1x 14-year old and 1 x 12-year old Wycombe season tickets. At the early bird prices this cost me £336 and would be £378 at full price.

    The same tickets at Bradford would cost £525, which is 56.25% more than my spend at Wycombe.

  • @Uncle_T said:
    What's good for some is less good for others. Implementing the Bradford pricing would result in higher ticket costs for me and many others who have young family members who attend with them.

    I have purchased for next season 1 x Adult, 1x 14-year old and 1 x 12-year old Wycombe season tickets. At the early bird prices this cost me £336 and would be £378 at full price.

    The same tickets at Bradford would cost £525, which is 56.25% more than my spend at Wycombe.

    That would certainly dip into your nest egg a little.

  • The approach to pricing does seem a bit scrambled - perhaps some hard-boiled lawyers were involved. Better to poach the tickets at the current price.

  • I was plucking up to make a comment , but I think I will chicken out.

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • Well might post seems to have got a real roasting!

  • What is it with middle aged blokes and puns!

  • @Malone said:

    What is it with middle aged blokes and puns!

    Oh you ageist genderist! For all you know I’m a 24 year old woman. Come to think of it so might you be.

  • What is it with middle aged blokes and ageism and genderism?

  • @malone it's all a rooster distract us from the real problems facing the club!

    👍 👎 ( 1 )
  • @Malone said:

    What is it with middle aged blokes and puns!

    It's just a harmless play on birds...

  • @Wendoverman is right. Trevor has the power group working overtime on zingers whenever the going gets tough. Seems to work pretty well too although his alter ego @DevC can always be put in play if anyone gets too close to “the truth”. Shame the same offset hasn’t been devoted to getting the crisps sorted. If it had we’d be in the Nou Camp tonight not the Crown Oil on Friday.

Sign In or Register to comment.