Skip to content

New Podcast episode out now

Hello everyone!
Some of you regulars on here might know that my friend and i have been making podcasts and working with the club for a while now.
We've just uploaded a brand new edition of the podcast for you to listen to. I hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Also, if you'd like to donate to our podcast please take a look at our page here: https://www.patreon.com/thewycombe

• Best of luck for the future guys.
    Constructive criticism time from a retired media type:

-Preparation is key. This currently comes across as two blokes sitting in the Vere pre match, a stream of consciousness piece, you don’t want your audience leaving thinking ‘that’s 40 mins of my life I will never get back ‘ because they won’t come back either.
    -You hint at the start you will cover the keeper issue later, then immediately launch straight into a 20 min assassination of Yves (‘elephant in the room’ unconscious stereotyping kind of unfortunate). Have a running order and stay with it.
    -Have your fact sheet ready so when you use examples they provide credibility to your opinions (‘I think it was.....’ ‘Wasn’t it....’ ‘I wasn’t at the game but....’ etc are no no’s in broadcasting ).
    -You need some new news to get yourselves on the radar - ‘doorstep’ Tom Jarvis about his time at Wycombe, find out really why the second bidder dropped out, talk to Fred O about his time at Wycombe / would he come back etc etc - there are many fresh topics fans want to know more about out there.
    -Edit before playout, at least 20% of this pod is padding - people are busy you have to keep your audience engaged.
    -Even home spun bedroom productions on basic equipment are judged against mainstream broadcast standards, you have to aspire to that level or listeners will not return. Most sports radio journalism is rubbish so listen to current affairs programming - not for the content but for the professional standards of the interviewers.
    -At the risk of failing to heed my on advice! Try and start somewhere positive ( difficult re current club situation granted) but a long winded funding plea may be top of your agenda but put yourself in the listeners shoes to optimise the structure of a half hour (tops) programme.

Like I said all the best for the future, hope this is received in the constructive spirit intended.

• @RealMaxim743 just enjoy what you do and if people like it then great but if not at least you like it yourself.

• @peterparrotface If only podcasts were a thing when SMBU were in their pomp

• Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy?

• You're not far off Micra.

• @micra This tweet from 2016 seems very relevant:

• I’m well travelled in the jazz world but it is an unbelievably broad church - puts the Tory party in the shade even - and I plead ignorance when it comes to that undoubtedly select but obscure branch (pardon pun).