Skip to content

Scouting Report: Oxford United

Going to start doing scouting reports on the teams that we face. Let me know if there is anything better I can do with these scouting reports.

SCOUTING REPORT: OXFORD UNITED
Manager: Karl Robinson
Captain: John Mousinho
One to Watch: James Henry
Current Position in Table: 13
Games Played: 39
Won: 11
Drawn: 13
Lost: 15
Goals For: 45
Goals Against: 54
Goal Difference: -9
Last Five Games: WLDWW
Preferred Formation: 4-2-3-1
Style of Play: Possessional
Expected Line-Up:
1. Simon Eastwood GK
6. Jamie Hanson RB
5. Curtis Nelson CB
15. John Mousinho CB
3. Luke Garbutt LB
40. Ahmed Kashi CDM
8. Cameron Branagan CDM
17. James Henry RM
11. Samir Carruthers CAM
7. Rob Hall LM
19. Jamie Mackie ST

Comments

• Rob Hall’s still injured I believe.

Garbutt has been playing further forward I imagine Ruffels in at LB.

• Interesting term “scouting” @thedieharder.
    To be honest the only item of information that was new to me was the fact (?) that John Mousinho is now a centre back.

“Scouting” normally involves watching teams and noting the attributes of individual players. Although, interestingly, you have suggested how Oxford are likely to line up, you have said nothing about the players as individuals, eg which of them are most to be feared. You describe their style of play as “possessional” (professionaly keeping possession?) which I take to mean that they like to keep the ball on the deck and aren’t into hoofball. In that context I would be interested to know how, in one word, you would describe

These comments arise from a genuine wish on my part to understand how you set about putting together the information - eg have you attended Oxford matches (or seen them on TV)? Have you watched other teams that we are due to play to enable you to provide the kind of insights that a scout would normally provide?

• ....in one word how you would describe Wycombe’s style of play.”
    Bloody iPhone- too slow to save.

• I don’t give a flying f*^k about the opposition, eleven yellow shirts that just got in the way.
    This forum is about our club, the opposition only have a role re how do we beat them - preview, how much did we enjoy beating them match - review, why didn’t we beat them - what can we learn?